2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

98 Blazer Mileage & PRND21 **FIXED**

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 07:09 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 98 Blazer Mileage & PRND21 **FIXED**

Considering that this thread deals with the 2nd generation cluster and not the 1st generation digital dash which I assume is what you are talking about, you might want to have a search through the 1st gen section...

Old 02-22-2009, 07:41 PM
alan_014 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: 98 Blazer Mileage & PRND21 **FIXED**

sorry like i said im new thanks though

Old 06-30-2009, 07:11 PM
Beginning Member
GloryImSaved is on a distinguished road

I'll be getting a Blazer saturday with the same related issues. Your posts will help greatly. Thanks.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:19 PM
Beginning Member
B chevy99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ya My 99 blazer LS is having the exact same issue, but now i know what to look for as opposed to just loose or burnt connections...i'll post afdter this weekend once i find the cause to my problem. most likely the same thing. so this thread helped out alot...thanks guys.

Old 11-10-2009, 09:07 PM
pilotgreg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default odometer and speedometer display inop

Alan_014:
Same problem as the earlier threads. See pcfixit's thread dated 2-10-08 and pilotgreg's thread dated 12-1-08. Most likely the same bad solder joints. I used to hit the top of my dash then the fluorescent displays would work for awhile. The problem gets progressively worse with time. A little labor and 10 cents worth of solder!

Old 08-31-2010, 09:51 PM
Starting Member
hsplrguy is on a distinguished road

I had the same issues but mine once the 2000 blazer was running I lost the display of the odometer and gear selector and all guages went dead except speedo?? I pulled the cluster checked all solder joints they were ok borrowed a buddies cluster it was fine so was mine in his. So we started pulling fuses in mine low and behold #3 thats the cruise control fuse was burnt but not split replaced it with a new 10 amp fuse a dash works like new!! Just thought I would mention check out that fuse first. It worked for me.

Old 10-05-2010, 05:40 PM
VegasMatt is on a distinguished road

Sorry for the thread revival, but this thread just saved my sanity. I recently got my 2000 ZR2 Blazer, and am hard-wiring in my radar detector as I've done in my previous vehicles. The easiest way is to use a piggyback fused tap for a switched fuse in the fusebox, and the cruise control fuse is the one I have used before. Well, when I first tested the cable, I noticed my PRND321 and odometer come on with the key in the first position, then go out when the key was turned to the second (run) position. I thought I severely screwed something up, just to find this thread and figure out that I didn't have a fuse in the primary spot on the piggyback. D'oh!

Just wanted to say thanks again to everyone for the knowledge on this board, and a big time thanks to hsplrguy for posting that info in this thread. I'm sure glad I happened upon it!

Thanks again!
Matt

Old 11-02-2011, 09:55 PM
Philipx is on a distinguished road
Default Odometer and gear change indicator

I am new here so i searched the forum for a similar problem and landed here I have recenly purchased a chevy Blazer4x4 and have a similar but not quite the same problem and is as follows
I switch the ignition on and gear selection and odometer light up however once the vehicle has started then both go out is this somthing that has happened to anyone else love to know how to fix it
thanks in Advance Newbie Philip

Old 08-16-2012, 11:49 PM
Beginning Member
chevyman93 is on a distinguished road

I bought a used 2000 blazer about a month ago and the oil gauge doesn't work and the gear selection shows PRND321 lit up but dont show the light around the gear its in. So this helps alot knowing it might only b a soldering issue, ill take it apart again tomorrow and c if that was it. Also could someone tell me if its normal that when i turn the key one click forward the battery light on the right is included with the others lit up? It also stays on when the key is forward once more, but then when the engine is started and running its not there. Everything looks normal then, except for the oil gauge not working. So is that normal or do i have a connection issue to my battery or battery issue. The battery is 3 years old, and when i took it out and put it on the battery charger it read 90something % right away.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:36 AM
Philipx is on a distinguished road

I had the similar problem I am not saying this is the problem but check your cruise control fuse on the left panel see if its blown this caused exactly same problems for me its a 10 amp fuse anyway long shot

Quick Reply: 98 Blazer Mileage & PRND21 **FIXED**