2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Beyond Belief

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 03:54 PM
Busted Blazer is on a distinguished road
Default Beyond Belief

Drove my 95LT blazer to work the other day, went to leave work no start .
could not hear the fuel pump Run on initial turning of the ignition switch . After installing a new fuel pump, I found that I have the same issues as before. Cranks but doesn’t start. I have spark , compression but no fuel...
the Kicker is carb/starting fluid doesn’t give anything in the way of a start...
any suggestions would be great...
thanks in advance

Last edited by Busted Blazer; 03-10-2019 at 03:58 PM.
Old 03-10-2019, 04:04 PM
Mike.308 is on a distinguished road

Look up the sticky topic on testing the fuel pressure. Check the fuel pump fuse.

Old 03-10-2019, 04:19 PM

Fuses are good, checked several times now as I’ve been trying to test relays & such...

Old 03-10-2019, 04:20 PM
BF Veteran
DonL is on a distinguished road

Did you change the in line filter when you changed your pump?.

Old 03-10-2019, 04:24 PM

No sir , I figured it wasn’t that because I’ve had no warning signs of it having a hesitation or hard to start up to the point .
it is always fired very easily .

Old 03-10-2019, 04:25 PM
Mike.308 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Busted Blazer
Fuses are good, checked several times now as I’ve been trying to test relays & such...
So, if You can't hear the pump priming, then it is not powered. Sounds like an electrical problem to me. Start with hooking up the voltmeter at the pump terminals to confirm it (doesn't) get the power.

Old 03-10-2019, 04:39 PM

I’ve spent a lot of time under the hood jumping the relays & have an understanding that jumping from terminal number 30 to terminal 87 you bypass and get direct power to the fuel pump ... which I don’t get any response from the pump.
so I’m guessing it’s somewhere between the relay and the tank is where I’ll find the problem . That’s what I’m afraid of , getting my 250 pound self back under there with a meter... your insight is priceless, I thank you very much Mike !

Last edited by Busted Blazer; 03-10-2019 at 04:43 PM.
Old 03-10-2019, 06:59 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Busted Blazer
I’ve spent a lot of time under the hood jumping the relays & have an understanding that jumping from terminal number 30 to terminal 87 you bypass and get direct power to the fuel pump ... which I don’t get any response from the pump.
On a 95, there is a female wire terminal under the hood, on the driver side inner fender. Jump that to 12v+ and it will energize the fuel pump. Way easier than figuring out relays.

I can try to get a pick of it up later if you need it. Although mine will look a little different, the abs module is long gone, and I've got an auxiliary fuse/relay box mounted.

Old 03-10-2019, 08:07 PM

A pic would be perfect , I think I know where you’re talking about , but a pic is worth a thousand probes...
thank you !

Old 03-11-2019, 06:16 AM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

Hopefully the pics help you

Sorry about the vertical pics. I took them horizontally, but I guess when you draw on a pic, it just makes a screenshot? I don't know. Either way, I can probably get you better pics, but thay should point you in the right direction.

I just use a long wire with alligator clips on each end, and go from battery positive to that female terminal. If you wanna get fancy, throw an inline fuse in the wire, but I never have.
​​​

Quick Reply: Beyond Belief