2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Blinker Issue. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 04:38 AM
mexisexisuperman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Blinker Issue. Help!

ok. whenever i turn on my blinkers and press on the brake pedal they stay lit up, then wen i release the brake pedal they blink properly. not both stay lit up at the same time when i brake. just watever one im using at that moment. soi usually have do it manually. Any suggestions?

Old 02-10-2008, 11:52 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Blinker Issue. Help!

Please list your vehicle information in your signature and attach it to your posts.

This type of problem is typically a bad multifunction switch, but could be a problem with the hazard switch (which is part of the multifunction switch).

Old 02-10-2008, 01:07 PM
Starting Member
dBsound is an unknown quantity at this point

Related question on topic.
My 2000 Blazer- the left turn signal is blinking, REALLY FAST(the right one is normal). All bulbs appear to be working.
Do these still have a "hazard module" thingamabob?
Is that what's wrong?
Where is it?
Thanks.

Old 02-10-2008, 01:34 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

ORIGINAL: dBsound

Related question on topic.
My 2000 Blazer- the left turn signal is blinking, REALLY FAST(the right one is normal). All bulbs appear to be working.
This is usually an indication that a bulb is not working. Recheck all the bulbs, your signal, brake and running lights.

Old 02-10-2008, 04:52 PM
mexisexisuperman is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a 1995 blazer LT. 4.3L vortec

Old 02-14-2008, 03:25 PM
o0ian0o is an unknown quantity at this point

is it possible to turn off the clicking noise it makes when the blinker is on?

Old 02-14-2008, 04:14 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

The click is the relay switching. You could probably insulate the relay a little bit to cut down on noise..but it's kind of a necessary part of the blinker circuit, so no.

Old 02-16-2008, 05:52 PM
cccfabioccc is an unknown quantity at this point

my problem is similar and still not resolved. during the day my blinkers work fine. at night when i turn on the headlights both turn indicators light up as well. when the lights are on the blinker blinks really fast. so i had my shop replace the blinker switch (not the combo) still does the same thing. now i am gonna replace the combo switch even though everting on it works fine. any ideas,

Old 02-16-2008, 07:49 PM
felonyblazer96 is an unknown quantity at this point

i had the same problem...my hazard red button thing fell out so my blinkers didnt flash but the ligth came on and also my brake lights didnt work..check that hazard switch to make sure its in correctly......swartt is right

Old 02-17-2008, 09:03 AM
o0ian0o is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks.
I was asking only because recently I've been hearing that clicking noise even when my blinker isn't on. Or sometimes the clicking dosn't stop after my blinker shuts off. The light dosn't light up, all I'll hear is the clicking noise.
It also will randomly come on so fast it'll click about 2 times per second and then it'll shut back off.

nevermind, I just found the answer to this problem in a diffrent thread.

Quick Reply: Blinker Issue. Help!