2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

brake booster

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 10:36 AM
Starting Member
fla_blazer4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default brake booster

where is the brake booster located on the 05 2 door blazer i cant seem to find it.

Old 12-10-2007, 11:05 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: brake booster

It is located directly behind the brake master cylinder on the driver's side of the firewall between the engine and the driver's side fender. It is approximately 10" in diameter and about 4-5" thick.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:17 PM
Starting Member

would you happin to have a picture where and what one im afriad im going to pull the wrong line and i dont want to ruin or brake my new first car.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:25 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

See the attached image...

If I might ask, why are you wanting to replace your brake booster?

[IMG]local://upfiles/667/785D834D490D48E690527B9B1DE7610C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-11-2007, 10:15 AM
Starting Member

im not replaceing it. just seafoaming for the 1st time on a blazer.

Old 12-11-2007, 12:12 PM
Administrator

Why not just disconnect the MAF sensor and dribble the seafoam down through the throttle body? Its much easier and more effective this way.

Old 12-11-2007, 04:45 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

Why not just disconnect the MAF sensor and dribble the seafoam down through the throttle body? Its much easier and more effective this way.
98% of the threads you find on the internet say to use the brake booster line for it...

That being said... I dumped mine into the throttle body, lol.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:28 AM
Starting Member

yea on yotatech forums i learned about seafoam and everytime i came to learn more everyone said dump it in the brake booster and put it in the gas and what ever liitle you have left jump in the crankcase or oil and here alot of people say trottle body.

Old 12-12-2007, 11:18 AM
Administrator

It all depends on the orientation of the throttle body. On these trucks, the throttle body points up. On many other vehicles, the throttle body points to the side (horizontal) and you cannot pour the product in. I find it easier to just pour it in with one hand on the throttle to keep it running. To do this, you have to disconnect the MAF sensor as the engine won't run without air flowing through a connected MAF sensor (engine thinks it isn't getting any air, i.e. no fuel).

I use a full bottle through the engine. 2/3rds poured into the TB while keeping the engine running. The remaining 1/3rd, I'll pour faster into the throttle body, allowing the engine to die. Wait 30 minutes and drive it like you stole it until the exhaust clears up.

If the engine is quite dirty inside, the resulting smoke may be enough to **** off everyone on the road with you. I try to do this either on a rainy day or if I have to do it when it's nice out, I go out to my dad's where I'm far enough away from everyone else that it won't bother too many folks.

As far as using Seafoam in the oil and gas... I have never used it as an engine flush, but many have. I know of other products that work better as a fuel system treatment/cleaner (Chevron w/ Techron for a cleaner or GM Fuel System Treatment for a treatment)

Old 12-15-2007, 10:55 PM
Starting Member

yea we just rev it up im the drive way amd not couse a umsafe road hazerd. im doing it on my 05 blazer tommmorow with my cuz and hes going to do it on his 99 ranger. he needs it tho for his badly