2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Blazer is breakin me

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 02:45 PM
goinnutz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Blazer is breakin me

99 Blazer, just replaced fuel pump, MAF sensor, plugs, wires, dist cap, rotor u name it i replaced it but its acting up. it doesnt want to start. If i jump it, it starts or if i use the remote starter on my key chain it starts up. any ideas

Old 06-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Administrator
hillbillyinOhio has disabled reputation
Default RE: Blazer is breakin me

im thinkin ignition switch related. if you use the remote start, it bypasses the ignition switch.

Old 06-08-2007, 09:34 AM
goinnutz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Blazer is breakin me

it definitly starts with the remote starter but once it has started for the day then you can use the key to start it the rest of the day unless it sits for a couple hours or overnite. i've had 7 different so-called mechanics look at it none of them can figure it out. also i had one of them put seafoam in and i always thought u were to remove the MAF sensor first but they didnt and yesterday while running it the dang thing wouldnt move. i put the pedal to the floor and it just wanted to cut out. so i changed the MAF sensor AGAIN and now it seems to be running ok but damn thing still doesnt want to start right