2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

? dead battery

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 10:38 PM
silentknight is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: ? dead battery

ORIGINAL: drperry

Check your fuel pump relay and fuses and PCM/ECM fuses as well, just in case...
That is kinda the line I am thinking, however, the Blazer kept running once we jumped the truck. If it was fuel delivery problems, wouldn't it have shut off as soon as the problem arose?

Old 10-15-2007, 05:05 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Or you could try a different battery, incase the boost did something funky...

Old 10-15-2007, 05:44 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

sounds like a dead cell in the battery swap it out for a new one that should do the trick same thing happened to my buddy with his changed it out now it works like a charm if that doesn't seem to be the problem after swapping it then i have also heard that certain vehicles you can't use to jump others cause of chance of current back flow i think its called and thats were the current comes back to vehicle doing the jumping and frying the computer but then thats what i heard anyone hear anything similar?

Old 10-15-2007, 07:18 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

I think if the computer had fried, the engine would have died... or at least started running like poop...

Unless it was some kind of time delay fry, which now that I think about it, unless the Blazer can run a decent while with the fuel in the lines... It couldn't have fried the fuel pump relay or fuses either...

When you boosted the truck... You didn't go battery to battery, did you?

Old 10-15-2007, 07:36 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What's wrong with battery to battery? LOL That's pretty much all I do and I've never had a problem.

Old 10-15-2007, 07:42 AM
BF Veteran

with some vehicles i know ford taurus's are very very sensitive to jumping other vehicles i don't know the exact years but its the body style with the big oval back window, my dad's friend works at a ford dealership and said that when i asked about getting jumped from one at the time my sister had one and was on her way to jump me in an old vehicle and to waste time i called my dad and his buddy from the dealership said to not have her do it cause of the chance for a reverse current effect or something like that i don't remember exactly cause it was a long time ago but then again i also asked if anyone heard something like that before

Old 10-15-2007, 08:07 AM
BF Veteran

ORIGINAL: swartlkk

What's wrong with battery to battery? LOL That's pretty much all I do and I've never had a problem.

Dunno, I've just always been tought, that if you can avoid it, don't do it, lol. Supposedly less chance of an exploding battery...

I've only done battery to battery if I'm boosting and my truck isn't running... But I don't really do that anymore since my dad took back is7/0 guage cables (he used to work in a power plant, and made his own from left overs, lol)

Otherwise I connect the negative lead on my Blazer's side of the connection to the alternator...

Old 10-15-2007, 08:09 AM

OK, here is where I am so far. No corrosion on battery. I took a different relay and put in place of fuel pump relay in fuse box, nothing. I used rear hatch fuse and tried it in correct spot to make sure it worked and it did. Did same for starter relay just for giggles.

After we disconnected the jumper cables, we prolly let the Blazer run for a minute before cutting it off. I would assume if it was fuel pump / relay etc that it would have cut offimmediately, but I am no mechanic.

If I remember correctly, when we would crank, we could hear the fuel pump ingaging right before cranking (with key in RUN position). Now I don't hear anything.

Thx for everyone's replys so far.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:13 AM
BF Veteran

have someone lay under the back of your blaze while you put the key in and turn it to the on position and see if they hear anything coming from the tank

Old 10-15-2007, 08:25 AM

I'll try that thegr81.

Could the Ignition Control Module cause these problems?

Quick Reply: ? dead battery