2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

dorman oil cooler lines leaking within 20 months,and i'm PISSED!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 12:38 PM
88blackzcand95blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default dorman oil cooler lines leaking within 20 months,and i'm PISSED!!!!!!!!

[:@]i spent$66.42 plus shipping and 3 hours on my back in my driveway to install new oil cooler hose assemblies from dorman and ayear and a half latter they are leaking, just like the stock ones!

anybody else have issue with replacement oil cooler lines or dorman in general?

i want a little more info before i contact dorman![:@]

ps i installed them correctly and torqued the bolts down correctly so please don't flame on my installation

Old 01-21-2009, 12:51 PM
DlJr82 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: new! dorman oe replacement oil cooler lines leaking within a year and a half, i am PISSED!!!!!!!!

I also had problems with the Dormans I replaced about 2 years later they started leaking so i made my own hoses with 3000 psi pressure hoses and brazed the fittings. It been bout 2 years since and there are no leaks.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:18 PM
Default RE: new! dorman oe replacement oil cooler lines leaking within a year and a half, i am PISSED!!!!!!!!

cool thanks for the reponse man, i just got done emailing them with my problem

interested in how they resond!

Old 01-21-2009, 01:22 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The Dorman lines used to be the best you could buy, given the crappy overall design.

I too have brazed on fittings and had hydraulic lines made up to make the bends.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:24 PM

i might have to go that route

Old 01-21-2009, 05:13 PM
Starting Member
volfan4 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: DlJr82

I also had problems with the Dormans I replaced about 2 years later they started leaking so i made my own hoses with 3000 psi pressure hoses and brazed the fittings. It been bout 2 years since and there are no leaks.
do you have any pics of how you did this..I am also having the bloody oil line problem.

Old 01-21-2009, 07:46 PM

pics, no but a search should pull up everything you need, but whatever you do don't get the dormans!!!!

swartlkk and dljr82 solution is your best bet

Old 01-21-2009, 08:50 PM
Starting Member

I just did a search and came up with 300 postings..lol. I guess I will just replace mine with the cheap Dormans, then take my originals to a hydraulic hose shop in town and see what they say isthey best way to fix them. That way I'll have some when the cheap ones leak. I was just wondering how they had brazed the crimps on. I keep looking through the post.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:51 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You cut the lines and then braze on fittings to adapt to the lines you have made up.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:08 PM
Starting Member

lol..ok.. now I understand. I was thinking that you were brazing the crimp fitting on before it was crimped, but that would serve no purpose. At least I think I understand what you are talking about now, you brazed fittings at the mounting blocks, right?.

Quick Reply: dorman oil cooler lines leaking within 20 months,and i'm PISSED!!!!!!!!