2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Electrical Help - Socket Diagram

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 08:52 AM
Beginning Member
eknox327 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Electrical Help - Socket Diagram

Help. I have a 1998 Chevy 4 door blazer. I am searched and searched this forum for an hour and I am in need of the wiring diagram/color code for both rear tailight sockets. If anyone could provide that, it would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by eknox327; 03-15-2010 at 08:53 AM. Reason: forgot to put information for left socket
Old 03-15-2010, 09:12 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Please see the attached diagram:

Attached Thumbnails Electrical Help - Socket Diagram-1998_exterior_lamps.gif  
Old 03-15-2010, 11:48 AM
Tony H is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Please see the attached diagram:
Nuts. I was hoping the Front Headlights would be here. It has the Directionals and Running Lights. just misses on the Headlights.
Looking for Schemo for a 2000 Headlight. The Post on keeping the low beams on while you use the High Beams is not explicite enough.
I need to see what's going on. I cannot believe shorting out 1 black wire makes this dual lighting work.
1. Is is 1 black wire on both sides of teh car?
2. is the current too much for the single wire?
3. is there a relay setup that would be better so you don't get a Voltage drop at the Bulbs?

Old 03-15-2010, 12:11 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tony H
Nuts. I was hoping the Front Headlights would be here. It has the Directionals and Running Lights. just misses on the Headlights.
Looking for Schemo for a 2000 Headlight. The Post on keeping the low beams on while you use the High Beams is not explicite enough.
I need to see what's going on. I cannot believe shorting out 1 black wire makes this dual lighting work.
1. Is is 1 black wire on both sides of teh car?
2. is the current too much for the single wire?
3. is there a relay setup that would be better so you don't get a Voltage drop at the Bulbs?
No where near on topic with this thread. Why would you expect to have the schematic for the headlights in a thread about tail light sockets? This would be much more appropriate in any one of the quad beam threads. Besides, I have posted the entire headlight schematic for a 2000 in the past.

Old 03-15-2010, 12:19 PM
Tony H is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by swartlkk
No where near on topic with this thread. Why would you expect to have the schematic for the headlights in a thread about tail light sockets? This would be much more appropriate in any one of the quad beam threads. Besides, I have posted the entire headlight schematic for a 2000 in the past.

He was talking Lights and schematics. seemed relevant to me.

I asked Here: https://blazerforum.com/forum/showth...ad+beam&page=2

and I see your last post but ne Schemo.

Old 03-15-2010, 12:21 PM
Administrator

I asked Here: https://blazerforum.com/forum/showth...ad+beam&page=2

and I see your last post but ne Schemo.
The schematic is there. You just have to figure out why you cannot view photobucket images.

Old 03-15-2010, 02:04 PM
Starting Member
Schrade is on a distinguished road

Good point - schemo shoulda' included air freshener change too...