2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Front Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2019, 08:13 AM
Starting Member
FUN-V is on a distinguished road
Default Front Bumper

Does anyone know where to get good trail or "boat" bumper?

Old 02-15-2019, 09:04 AM
N. Jensen is on a distinguished road

These guys have a good reputation for their work;
Home LogansMetal4x4

Might be a bit pricey, but worth it.

Old 02-15-2019, 10:49 AM
Starting Member
FUN-V is on a distinguished road

Thank you

Old 02-16-2019, 03:10 AM
Mike.308 is on a distinguished road

From what I've browsed the offers, DIY seems to be the best option for me.
I had a chance of looking closer to the design posted here by blazen_red_4x4:
https://blazerforum.com/forum/off-ro...-bumper-98564/
I've started my own 3-D CAD design. At a current stage, I should have to drop the front to take the frame measurements and update the project, but yet my garage is too cold and I am too comfy home to carry on.
Meanwhile I've decided to make a full steel bumper with two slots in front for hi-lift jack.
I've also found, that If i make another two slots on the rear bumper, I could use "C" shape supports that would end up over the roof and build a camping platform over the ride. It may get a huge load, as it will be supported on the bumpers and frame, not the roof (body).
I am crossing my fingers to have enough spare time to continue my project.

Old 10-18-2019, 09:40 AM
Starting Member
fire_craft is on a distinguished road
Default Plans request

Originally Posted by Mike.308
From what I've browsed the offers, DIY seems to be the best option for me.
I had a chance of looking closer to the design posted here by blazen_red_4x4:
https://blazerforum.com/forum/off-ro...-bumper-98564/
I've started my own 3-D CAD design. At a current stage, I should have to drop the front to take the frame measurements and update the project, but yet my garage is too cold and I am too comfy home to carry on.
Meanwhile I've decided to make a full steel bumper with two slots in front for hi-lift jack.
I've also found, that If i make another two slots on the rear bumper, I could use "C" shape supports that would end up over the roof and build a camping platform over the ride. It may get a huge load, as it will be supported on the bumpers and frame, not the roof (body).
I am crossing my fingers to have enough spare time to continue my project.

I have been looking for bumper designs for quite awhile and am very interest in what you have described. I would draw up my own, but my measurements would be off due to my frame being bent a little from a off road incident. I was wondering if you would mind sending me a copy of your designs for your bumpers and roof rack. I do have Autocad and the capability to fabricate what ever I want to. I am in my final semester of earning a Associates in Welding technologies. And have access to all of my schools equipment and labs, including multiple welding processes.
My vehicle is a 2001 S10 LS crew cab 4x4 with a 4.3 vortec. I have replaced the factory fenders with ZR2 fenders to allow clearance for 31x10.5x15 all terrain tires. And have many more upgrades planned for this truck. From what I have read, all dimensions for the frame and front end should match for 97-03 S10s, Blazers, Jimmy's, and Sanomas. The only differences in dimensions is when you go to a factory ZR2 package. It is roughly 1.5-2 inch higher with a wider stance due to factory suspension upgrades. Or the length of cab and bed on the crew cabs. But the frame is the same regardless of the model and package.
If you would like I can send you the GM guide to aftermarket designers. It gives the tolerances and locations of where to drill and how to weld on the frames. It also has a lot of information on body and interior dimensions and tolerances.