2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Fuel Pressure Regulator Replacement 96 Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2014, 08:36 PM
Beginning Member
Cassera is on a distinguished road
Default Fuel Pressure Regulator Replacement 96 Blazer

I am looking forward to a fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator replacement this saturday due to low fuel pressure accompanied by sputtering on take off, low power and hard starts. I'm not sure which one is the culprit so I will change both just to be safe.

For the Fuel pressure Regulator, It is attached to the spider fuel injection system correct? Would i be able to just detach the old one from the spider system and replace it with a new one?

I just need a bit more info on how to replace it. I've searched forums and videos and found really good ones on how to replace the pump...but not the regulator.

I dont want to replace the whole spider system or the injectors yet because i just spent 1000 at the shop on this car and I am minimizing my expenses as much as possible. Also I was told when I first bought the car about 3 and a half years ago that it just received a spider injection system.

I just got new plugs, wires, coil, fuel filter, pcv valve, and got the injectors cleaned/flushed.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:30 AM
Beginning Member
green97blazur is on a distinguished road

Hello Cassera, for the fuel pump you need to go with either ac deco, bosch, or delphi. The aitex pumps for these blazers r junk. (i know this because i work at advance). haha. As for the fuel pressure regulator, its located on the back of the injectors and is replaceable and is usually a hard start fix. The best way to find out if that is your problem is to check your fuel pressure with a gauge. That will give u the answer(s). To replace the regulator you remove the plenum and its right there. in my opinion not a hard job. maybe should take 2 hours.

Old 03-27-2014, 07:57 AM
Beginning Member
Cassera is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by green97blazur
Hello Cassera, for the fuel pump you need to go with either ac deco, bosch, or delphi. The aitex pumps for these blazers r junk. (i know this because i work at advance). haha. As for the fuel pressure regulator, its located on the back of the injectors and is replaceable and is usually a hard start fix. The best way to find out if that is your problem is to check your fuel pressure with a gauge. That will give u the answer(s). To replace the regulator you remove the plenum and its right there. in my opinion not a hard job. maybe should take 2 hours.
You say its located on the back of the injectors, does this mean its attached to the spider injection system?
So I definitely got low pressure
The mechanic said my fuel pressure drops down to 30

Old 04-02-2014, 10:28 PM
Beginning Member
green97blazur is on a distinguished road

Yeah its on the back of the spider system. look the part up online and its the gold piece on the back of the system.