2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

fuse 8 keeps popping on my 98

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 08:47 PM
myblackblazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default fuse 8 keeps popping on my 98

i bought the truck(98 4 door 4x4 lt)recently and i noticed the dome lights and 4x4 switch were not lighting up. i saw that the drivers side door switch was broken, so i stole the passenger side and swapped it with the drivers side. i rplaced the fuse assuming the broken switch somehow caused the short. a few days later the fuse is out and now its a dead short popping everythime i touch the contacts to put the fuse in. i tried unplugging the 4x4 switch to see if that was the issue and no luck can anyone help,anything would be appreciated

Old 10-21-2007, 09:35 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: fuse 8 keeps popping on my 98

Here's the wiring schematic... Sounds like there is a wiring fault somewhere in the system...

Old 10-21-2007, 10:28 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

swartlkk is right also something is crossing and grounding out to make it pop all the time may need to chase wires and see if there is a bare wire somewhere good luck

Old 10-22-2007, 12:22 AM
BigGreenMonster is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats the thing I hate about Blazers, they all seem to be plagued with wiring issues. My 89 had em up the wahzoo, as Kyle can attest to, I sure complained about it enough. And my 94 has its share too. Various little things, door locks, the power windows taking an hour to go down and up. Does anyone own a 1st gen with the floor shifter 4wd that actually has indicator lights on it that actually work like they are supposed to? Now the door lock actuator on the 94 is randomly unlocking the doors when it wants to.

Old 10-22-2007, 12:25 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Thing is it really isn't just a Blazer thing. My old '94 Intrepid was such a headache with weird things happening that it was ridiculous. Many, MANY vehicles start having electrical issues past 10 years of age. Some are just more problematic than others.

Old 11-02-2007, 03:48 PM
myblackblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

after i posted my question i went under the rug and checked the harness, i noticed a lot of post saying this was a known bad area. i didnt find any chaffed wires so i taped the whole harness back up and the fuse hasnt popped since, so im just gonna leave it alone, thinking back i had a similiar problem on an 89 blazer i owned. i went over a bump and longstory short a bunch of wires chaffed and rubbed against each other causing mayhem on my electrical system,, no fuel gauge,dome lite or brake lites. reverse lites lit up when i hit the brake. i had to repair several wires on the floor right behind the drivers seat.