2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

got a slow leak of antifreeze help please

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 04:51 PM
EASTBAYBLAZER is an unknown quantity at this point
Default got a slow leak of antifreeze help please

i just got a 95 blazer 4 door 2 wd lt. i noticed when i was changing my oil that there was a slow drip of antifreeze right behind where you drain the oil and oil filter is. what needs to be replaced?

[IMG]local://upfiles/9621/1CD4FC84407F4EC2B9D5CC48855D0558.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-08-2008, 05:37 PM
Starting Member
rdhack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: got a slow leak of antifreeze help please

Just a guess........check where your heater hose connects into your engine. Its towards the back.....

Old 02-08-2008, 05:50 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm having trouble orienting to the picture. If that's the right hand shock I'm seeing, then I agreee with checking the heater hose connection. If it's the left hand shock, then I think you have an intake manifold leak at the rear of the engine. Plus, that doesn't look leak a small leak, it looks like a small stream, but maybe it's just the photo.

Old 02-08-2008, 05:57 PM

i took the picture from under the drivers side of the car so yes that is the right shock, reason why it looks like a small stream is because as soon as i took the pic it dropped but then it takes about 10 15 seconds for the next drip it comes out of that small hole and builds up a little drop about a inch right of the small hole and drips . i just got this so im still trying to figure the engine out, and where everything is, where is the heater hose at? do you check it from the top of the engine or get under it?

Old 02-10-2008, 06:23 AM
kids blaze is an unknown quantity at this point

Heater core hoses enter the cabin above the motor, near the distributor.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:33 PM

ok then the heater hoses are fine i dont know what else it can be could it be the water pump not working right

Old 02-11-2008, 12:46 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Does it look like its coming from the back of the motor??

Old 02-11-2008, 09:26 PM

everything looks fine the only spot where it leaks is from that little hole i checked the hoses and everything is fine, i have noticed that the heat doesnt work when i put it on heat i dont know if that helps, i seen lots of threads about that issue on here

Old 02-11-2008, 11:46 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

You might want to use a mirror to check the back of the intake manifold for a leak. Coolant could be running down the back of the block and entering the flywheel cover, then coming out the hole in the flywheel cover.

Old 02-12-2008, 12:50 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: Chevy Lover

You might want to use a mirror to check the back of the intake manifold for a leak. Coolant could be running down the back of the block and entering the flywheel cover, then coming out the hole in the flywheel cover.
Exactly what I was going to say, hence my question previously!!!

Quick Reply: got a slow leak of antifreeze help please