2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

hesitation issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 12:16 PM
Starting Member
Numba1Sean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Not sure what to call this

ok warm or cold doesnt matter. basically when i take off slowly the blazer is fine and accelerates normally, when i mash on it real quick from a stop its like the blazer doesnt know what to do, its kinda like a hesitation of some sort. it just trys to go but doesnt really do much. consider more of a chug or something maybe. whats got me is it only does it when i mash on it to get going quick. normal conditions its fine, drives normally, which makes me kinda lean away from tranny probs. i really dont know how to explain it that good. the only new thing i put in is a CAI

Old 04-15-2009, 12:27 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, there are, of course, several possibilities. One being a fuel pump getting weak and not delivering under load. Have you checked the pressure lately?

Old 04-15-2009, 03:32 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Sounds like a fuel issue, have you check for leaks in lines or hoses?

Old 04-15-2009, 09:31 PM
Starting Member

how do i go about checking the pressure? yea i wasnt sure if it was gonna be a fuel issue, spark issue, or something about CAI causing a prob. can u list some of the possibilitys so i can do a run down on it.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:05 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

You're fuel pump could be going out..
You're fuel lines could be clogged up..
Maybe you're throttle body is clogged??

I'd recommend going to Wal-Mart and getting a bottle of "Complete Fuel System Cleaner", I use STP and it's like 7 or 8 bucks a bottle. Poor the whole thing into your gas tank and drive for a day or two.. If the problem doesn't get any better you'll have to look into other methods of diagnostics... But the cleaner could be a cheap fix!

Good luck.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:33 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

If the CAI uses an oiled air filter, excess oil can insulate the filaments in the Mass Air Flow sensor causing it to give wrong information to the ECM. Carefully clean the filaments with an electronics cleaner using care not to touch the filaments, they are extremely fragile.

Correct fuel pressure is critical on the CSFI system. Key on, engine off and cold, fuel pump running: fuel pressure must be 60psi to 66psi and remain above 55psi for 3 to 5 minutes after the pump shuts off. Post your results.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:04 AM
Starting Member

Yea i know the throttle body is good gave that a good cleaning about a month ago, because my rpms wouldnt kick down when i tryed to stop, still dont sometimes always get stuck at like 1000 rpms. but yea i will get the others checked out. i will try the system cleaner too. my CAI has a dry filter no oil needed. and i have cleaned the maf before also. new TPS and IAC also

Old 04-20-2009, 04:35 PM
Starting Member

well i think i'll be attempting a fuel pressure test tonight, i'll post back later.

Old 04-21-2009, 11:31 PM
Starting Member
ravenhurst is an unknown quantity at this point

Please let us know, mine does the same thing and I always thought it was my IAC valve, even though I replaced it. For instance on a cold morning, the car will "Drive" itself to about 30MPH from high RPM's. Then with any sort of load on the engine, taking off from a stop with medium pressure on the peddle causes hesitation. If I hit the floor I usually get good results. Most often than not I have to do a slow roll into second before accelerating fully.

Old 04-22-2009, 12:48 PM
Starting Member

yea i will let you know, my friend has a tech 2 computer and the fuel pressure tester. so weds of next week i will be getting each fuel injector tested and also the fuel pressure test done too. im also going to put my stock air box back in and see if it still does it, thats something i have the tools for.

Quick Reply: hesitation issues