2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

How to program european FOB?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2016, 12:56 PM
Beginning Member
McGyver is on a distinguished road
Default How to program european FOB?

Like in title.. How to program new remote FOB to work with European 1999 LT Blazer?
I had one working Fob.. One new one which not work with car.
I had some kind of 5 digit code...
Standard programming procedure (with holding unlock buttons seem to doesn't work)
What is proper way to train new Fob in Europe car?

My FOB has 15732810 number on back... spare one which I want to mach with car has same number also...

Last edited by McGyver; 05-07-2016 at 03:16 PM.
Old 05-08-2016, 08:00 AM
Starting Member
Vahomboy is on a distinguished road

This is what I have to do mine but it is the US version I guess you could day. It may or may not work for you.

1.Close all doors

2.Insert key into ignition

3.Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver's door panel, continue to hold down until instructed to releasein step 9.

4.Perform steps 5 through 8 in a fairly rapid succession.

5.Turn the ignition to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting theengine.)

6.Turn the ignition to the OFF position.

7.Turn the ignition to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting theengine.)

8.Turn the ignition to the OFF position.

9.Release the power UNLOCK button on the door panel. The vehicle should respondby door locks locking and unlocking automatically. (Iflocks do not cycle after you let go, not before you let go of the unlock button, then the vehicle hasnot entered programming mode and you must start procedureover. Remove key from ignition, open drivers door and return to step 1 ). If thelocks do cycle automatically then proceed to step 10.

10.Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the remote until the doors lock andunlock. This may take up to 30 seconds.

11.Repeat step 10 NOW for each additional remote. (Including any existingremotes).

12.Turn the ignition to the ON position to exit the programming mode.

13.Test remote(s).

Old 05-08-2016, 01:52 PM
Beginning Member

Unfortunately that works only with US spec cars.

I found proper way to do it for European version... which works for sure (my new FOB now works fine )

To program new FOB for European Blazer you need:
Fob with GM/UTA 15732810
PIN for immobilizer (5 digits) which was included with car papers (probably some red note in service card included with car). Probably you can find 5 digit PIN other way by some service scanner or from Chevy dealer - but I'm not sure that will be easy.
Working car key
Any existing workings FOB's

So proper way to add new FOB for Europe is:
1.Close all doors

2.Insert key into ignition

3.Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver's door panel, continue to hold down until instructed to releasein step 9.

4.Perform steps 5 through 8 in a fairly rapid succession.

5.Turn the ignition to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting theengine.)

6.Turn the ignition to the OFF position.

7.Turn the ignition to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting theengine.)

8.Turn the ignition to the OFF position.

9.Release the power UNLOCK button on the door panel. The vehicle should respond by lighting Security on dashboard for about 4 seconds.

10. After Security light turns off input by fog light switch first of five digits from Immobilizer PIN code (5 digits 1-9 - doesnt contains any 0).

11. After about 2 seconds Security light comes on again for about 4 seconds... and after it turns off you have to input second digit... and repeat that step until 5th digit

12. If everything was made correctly the vehicle should respondby door locks locking and unlocking automaticallyly

*** Now you can start your Car without unlocking it by FOB (immobilizer is off for 2 minutes)

13.To program new and existing FOB's hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the remote until the doors lock and unlock. This may take up to 60 seconds.

14.Repeat step 13 for each additional remote. (Including any existing remotes).

15.Turn the ignition to the ON position to exit the programming mode.

16.Test all remote(s).

Old 05-09-2016, 02:13 AM
Starting Member
DaveHearne is on a distinguished road

I was going to put that procedure down as a reply but you beat me to it.
I am glad it worked.
This only applies to European spec vehicles, US-spec ones don't need the 5 digit code.

Old 10-03-2017, 08:35 AM
emilc is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DaveHearne
I was going to put that procedure down as a reply but you beat me to it.
I am glad it worked.
This only applies to European spec vehicles, US-spec ones don't need the 5 digit code.
Hello there, I am a newbie here and I got a Blazer a few months ago. I read a lot over the forums regarding the 5-digit code, however, I was unable to find an explanation how to enter it using the fog light switch. Please, can somebody explain to me how to enter it?

Thank you very much in advance.
Best
Emil

Old 10-16-2017, 10:47 PM
Beginning Member

Just press fog button multiple times (ex 5) and wait until "Security" sign Shows again... and then put another Digit... and do that 5 times. It take a while, but works. It is only way to make car run if you don't have FOB
I have also original side from Manual where everything is explained... just send your E-Mail I could resend it to you.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:35 AM
emilc is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by McGyver
Just press fog button multiple times (ex 5) and wait until "Security" sign Shows again... and then put another Digit... and do that 5 times. It take a while, but works. It is only way to make car run if you don't have FOB
I have also original side from Manual where everything is explained... just send your E-Mail I could resend it to you.
Thank you very much. My E-mail is: emilc@mister-c.eu

Just out of curiosity - what a security it is if the code is in the glove box, and you can enter it like this? I don’t quite see the point
if I can so easily bypass the security, I would rather turn it off. Can I do it somehow?
Best
Emil

Old 10-17-2017, 03:57 AM
Beginning Member

There was special card like visa added to glovebox with that security code, when you bought a new car. Normally you put it somewhere with spare key so thers no place in car you can find it after that to know that code. I know that card exist but i dobt have it maybe someone got one with his code and owners manual which was a little different for european version, and i suppose noone put it on internet. You can find usa owners manual but it doesnt have any usefull info abotu euro fobs.

Old 12-22-2017, 11:32 AM
2 loud is on a distinguished road

Hi i jump inte this thread with another question in the same matter .. i have a european sold 2002 Blazer ,, and my dother borrowd it and drove away ,, then the passlock system went down and she couldent drive the car ,, il planing to hodrod the engine a bit so i have orderd a new set of heads , a larger spider , a new camshaft etc ,, and to program the ecm i asked brian at pcm4less to build me a new ecm with a software matching the new performance ,, ,, when this happend to the stock ecm and the car wouldent start i swap to this new ecm made by brian ,, when he programed it he cut away all passlock/vats so now the car is running BUT i want to program the remote to the ecu ,, we got a europian sold car with a US ecm without any theftdetentions ,, and heres wheres the real question are ,,, the doorswitch at the driversdoor is broke ,, the pin as shoud go to the indide of the door is broken and gone ,, so il guess that the ecm sees this like an open door and therefor wont accept me programming ,, BUT i can jump the wires so it apperers for the ecm that the door is closed ,,, theres 3 wires to this switch ,, i have pulled the connector from the broken switch what wires shall i connect together for simualte a closed door ?? i only need a electric schematics of the door switch to see what signals travels thrue the wires and to what pins

Last edited by 2 loud; 12-22-2017 at 11:38 AM.
Old 11-06-2021, 08:02 AM
Beginning Member
christophe is on a distinguished road
Default key fob 15732810

Originally Posted by McGyver
Like in title.. How to program new remote FOB to work with European 1999 LT Blazer?
I had one working Fob.. One new one which not work with car.
I had some kind of 5 digit code...
Standard programming procedure (with holding unlock buttons seem to doesn't work)
What is proper way to train new Fob in Europe car?

My FOB has 15732810 number on back... spare one which I want to mach with car has same number also...
hello
you havé to enter the code with the fog lamp button….. but before you have to hold lock and unlock button and turn twice the key and after enter the code!

hello
i m looking for key fob special for europe 15732810 ….ready to buy one or two ! of somebody have !! thanks

Last edited by christophe; 11-06-2021 at 08:04 AM.

Quick Reply: How to program european FOB?