2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

key in ignition alarm

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 10:06 PM
Trikes17 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default key in ignition alarm

Does anyone know how to disable the beeping that goes off when your key is in the ignition and the door is open? The sound drives me insane anytime im working my car. I would like to disable that alarm but not others such as the one when i leave my headlights on. From what i understand all of these are controled by the body control module which is located somewhere under the steering column? Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:58 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: key in ignition alarm

Snap on makes this cool springy thing that clamps over the door switch and holds the pin in while you work. Nifty little tool

Old 08-30-2008, 03:50 PM
xmradioguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Stick your head under the dash listen for it to find the little beeper and unplug it.

Old 09-03-2008, 10:40 AM
Starting Member
97ssblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

on a 02 im not sure.. i removed the dash located door pin and problem solved... in the ignition harness there are two VERY small guage wires that go up on top of the tumblers... if you un plug that that should take care of it.. if you pull the dash pin your radio may not shut off when you open your doors.. so remove the column cover and see if that plug is the same as my 97...

Old 09-03-2008, 10:43 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

There are no door switches on the 98+ trucks. It became integrated into the latch mechanism.

Old 09-03-2008, 12:31 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

I've got a door switch stickin out the side of the dash, just below the fuse panel. A matching one on the passenger's side, and if I recall, the rear doors have them on the door frame? I have no idea bout the rear doors...havn't really looked for 'em.

If they are integrated to the latch, what are these spring pins on the dash for?

Edit: In '02 didn't GM switch to using the speakers to make the door chime? Because I think when doing a stereo install on an '02+ blazer, you have to buy the GM door chime module, which is a speaker box that you mount beneath the dash! So just buy a new stereo and don't buy the chime module Or hunt down a wiring diagram and figure out which wire from the radio harness to snip.

Old 09-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Look to see if they are attached to anything inside for the front switches... My 2000 Bravada did not have anything attached to them inside, but I guess it is possible that it is option dependent... My passenger side one was bent bad and would not retract, but the lights worked fine. This was done for illuminated entry with or without RKE. If you lifted up on the handle, the interior lights would come on.

The rear doors should still have the switches.

And yeah, sometime in 2001-02 range was when the radio was used for the chimes.