2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Looking for an intake piece...

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 02:06 AM
step66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Looking for an intake piece...

Hey! My 97's speed clip which retains the front of the intake to the TBI has broken. It was not a big deal in cool weather but now it is as it is hot. As it is a GM design I contacted multiple dealers after searching bone yards to no avail-they don't have a clue! This is the spring steel slide clip that holds the front of the intake firm on the TBI. Any other engines use this same clip? I looked at a few Monte/Luminas in the yard with the 3.1 and ALL were missing as well. Any information would be welcome.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:09 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

i cant think of what you are asking about. Also,Not sure what you mean by tbi,as tbi (throttle body injection) ended before 97.

Old 06-27-2013, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Can you post a pic of the piece your referring to please? I may be heading to the PnP next Tuesday and can probably find one but I wanna make sure I get the correct part for you if I go!

Old 06-27-2013, 02:49 PM
burned is on a distinguished road

You're looking for the "Intake Air Duct". Any wrecker will have it.
I am pretty sure you cant buy the spring piece called a retainer. Its riveted to the air duct.

I know from experience. I had a mechanic break mine off when he couldn't figure out how to get the air duct off He was the last mechanic that ever touched my truck.

GM P/N 25147235

Last edited by burned; 06-27-2013 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Highlight part number
Old 06-27-2013, 02:51 PM
midnightbluS10 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by step66
Hey! My 97's speed clip which retains the front of the intake to the TBI has broken. It was not a big deal in cool weather but now it is as it is hot. As it is a GM design I contacted multiple dealers after searching bone yards to no avail-they don't have a clue! This is the spring steel slide clip that holds the front of the intake firm on the TBI. Any other engines use this same clip? I looked at a few Monte/Luminas in the yard with the 3.1 and ALL were missing as well. Any information would be welcome.

You mean a hose clamp? The stock, spring-type?

Old 06-28-2013, 01:03 AM

Wow... First off it is still called a throttle body even though the injectors are located in the intake. Also on my previous 96 as was on my current 97 this piece is not rivited to the final air duct but is a removable(by sliding laterally)piece of spring steel that retains the front of the final air duct to the throttle body;and noooo it is not a hose clamp either! Now I see why I am having such a hard time finding this piece,as I said the dealers are clueless. BTW I looked at 3 blazers in the past several days(95-97) and TWO of them were missing this piece as well! Thanks for everyones input

Old 06-28-2013, 10:09 AM
burned is on a distinguished road

For the 96-99 parts diagrams, that piece is not available separately.

Its listed as "ADAPTER,RR INT AIR DUCT(INCLS RETAINER,SEAL,RIVET)"
GM P/N 25147235
http://www.tonkinonlineparts.com/sho...roduct=6264628

So good luck with that.

If I were you I would grab the whole air intake duct off a wrecker and be done with it.

Last edited by burned; 06-28-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Old 06-29-2013, 01:14 AM

Yeah,well I wasn't going to pay $145 for that from GM or $30 from the junk yard-so I went scrounging through my "junk box" and found two wierd little clamp thingies with a thumb screw attached to an all thread that had a flange as well. Don't know where they came from or what they are really for...but they did the trick! The hot weather performance is much improved and my wife is slowly coming around to my saving all sorts of sh...stuff!

Old 06-10-2015, 05:14 PM
Beginning Member
Miami_Blazer is on a distinguished road

sorry to revive the thread guys, but Im looking for the same clip as OP. Cant seem to find it online or the few blazers Ive searched at the junker. Their is a small leak coming from there which Im figuring is why it has a rough idle. OP maybe you can take a pic of the clamp you used??

*attached are pics of the clip*

Attached Thumbnails Looking for an intake piece...-blazer1.jpg   Looking for an intake piece...-blazer-2.jpg  
Old 06-10-2015, 05:39 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The clip is not available separate from the intake 'hat'; the PN for which is included in this thread 2 posts above yours. If you don't feel like paying $100, check your local pick-n-pull as you should be able to get it for considerably cheaper used.

Quick Reply: Looking for an intake piece...