2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

P0102 and P0340

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 09:54 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

274 on x10 setting would be 2740Hz or 2.74kHz. Is this with the engine at idle? If so, that sounds appropriate. Spec is around 2.9kHz at idle speed, but does depend on idle speed. If you increase the engine speed to 3,500RPM, you should have a MAF frequency of 5.0kHz or 500 on your x10 scale. You can also try tapping on the MAF sensor while monitoring the frequency output. If it changes dramatically when you tap the sensor body with a screw driver, then the sensor is in need of replacement.

Old 05-26-2009, 03:43 PM
Starting Member
Beckyj636 is an unknown quantity at this point

um sorry for the calculation error it like 1 am here at that time and i was tired from work.

the readings today were ;

with the key on its 0140hz
700 rms is 2220hz idel
2500 rpm is 3980hz
3500 rps is 4780 hz

Old 05-26-2009, 06:34 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

That looks correct per the specs I found. Each engine varies in its MAF frequency at various RPMs, but yours looks within spec.

What happens to the reading if you tap the sensor?

Old 05-26-2009, 09:38 PM
blazin97md is on a distinguished road
Default had this problem also

whats up man new here but ive had my blazers for ten years try fuse number three or four drivers side of dash also if you have had or do have a broken motor mount or tranny mount try o2 sensor wiring hitting heat shield above converter sensor rear of cat if this does not help shoot me an e mail and ill get you four page wiring diagram that pink wire is reduculous it runs maf map egr four heated o sensors and all kinds of stuff if yours is same as mine i fought this for a year good luck p.s. found it by mere luck installing magnaflow cat from e bay

Old 05-26-2009, 10:46 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
That looks correct per the specs I found. Each engine varies in its MAF frequency at various RPMs, but yours looks within spec.

What happens to the reading if you tap the sensor?

Nothing, reading stay the same

Old 05-27-2009, 09:00 AM
Administrator

Sounds like the MAF is not the problem then. Unless you have an issue with the wire running to the PCM.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:11 PM
Starting Member

The wire to the pcm has continuity. I checked at the very end of both sides of the wire.

Now today I rescanned the codes and found 122 and the 102 . I am going now to research that one TPS can you speculate IF they could be connected in some way? Thank you

I have noticed if the truck is not in Over Drive but Regular D (drive) at speed over say 50 the truck has one hell of a shake from the engine. I dont yet know if it is a misfie or what.

I have searched for like an hour and I l can not find the wiring diagram for the tps sensor so I can check the voltages readings.

but still looking

Last edited by swartlkk; 05-27-2009 at 12:16 PM. Reason: Combining Consecutive Posts - Please use the edit feature to add information to your posts if another member has yet to reply.
Old 05-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Administrator

One wire will be +5V. One will be ground. The other is the signal back to the PCM. The signal back should be ~0.5V at fully closed throttle and ~4.5V at wide open throttle. You should look into getting a back probe for your multimeter. Makes testing weather-pack connections quick and easy while on the vehicle.

Old 05-27-2009, 12:59 PM
Starting Member

yep I have the back probe, but for some reason i cant find the darn TPS, I know I am tired as heck but !!

Old 05-27-2009, 01:48 PM
Administrator

The TPS is on the driver side of the throttle body.

Quick Reply: P0102 and P0340