2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

rear lug bolt removal installing spacers

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2010, 05:16 PM
kevin turner is on a distinguished road
Default rear lug bolt removal installing spacers

I trying to find the easyest way to remove the rear lug bolts. I think the axles may have to be removed. Anyone got any sugestions?

Old 02-09-2010, 05:17 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

What are you driving?

Old 02-09-2010, 05:18 PM

98 chevy blazer 4x4

Old 02-09-2010, 05:41 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You must remove the rear brake disk and then remove the parking brake shoe. You will then be able to press out the studs to replace them.

Why do you need to remove the studs though? Spacers should bolt on like a wheel does and should have another set of studs on them for the wheel to bolt to.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:45 PM

Its a inch spacer had to have longer studs. I put 2wd rims on the 4x4 to give it that lower, wider look.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:46 PM

Forgot to say the frount sticks out a little bit futher than the rear on the four whell drives

Old 02-09-2010, 05:47 PM
Administrator

And you do realize that 2wd rims on a 4wd truck will already push the rims out 1.5" alone...

And I would not like to be anywhere near that truck with 1" spacers between the rim and the axle flange... I don't like spacers in general, but I definitely wouldn't do that.

Old 02-09-2010, 05:57 PM

well ive done and put the rims on the front im leave alone I just want the rear wheels to be inline with the frount be cause it kinda looks funny as it is.

Old 02-09-2010, 06:03 PM
Banned
Spectreblazer is on a distinguished road

you looking forward to cv replacement and wheel bearings??

Old 02-09-2010, 06:07 PM

If i didnt put on the spacers in the rear would it still mess with the bearing, cv etc.

Quick Reply: rear lug bolt removal installing spacers