2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Rear window washer fluid leaking

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 07:44 PM
strange is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Rear window washer fluid leaking

My 95 Blazer has a rear window washer fluid leak. It drips behind rear drivers side wheel and drains the fluid tank once I turn it on. Can't find the lines to look for the leak. Where are they on this truck?

Old 08-13-2009, 11:09 PM
emf_1978 is an unknown quantity at this point

My 2000 Blazer had the same problem. my washer fluid line ran underneath the carpet in the back on the drivers side.
To access it just remove the one rear panel covering the edge of the carpet at the very back of the trunk, then pull up the carpet and underlay.
You may have to remove the tie down points as well depending on how forward the leak is.
The washer fluid line runs through a channel along with some wiring
mine was leaking from a disconnected "L" shaped fitting where 2 pieces of the washer line hook together

Old 08-14-2009, 01:06 AM
4x4blazerguy is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the info on that. I have the same problem & I just capped mine off at the tank. Now I can fix it some day.
Thanks Again

Old 08-18-2009, 06:30 AM
strange is on a distinguished road

Thanks for posts. I did look under the carpet by rear door and found the line. The rubber tube that connected it from the carpet to the door was missing. replaced it and it works now. Except that when read door is lowered wiper arm leaks fluid. don't know if its just gravity or a leak in wiper arm.

Old 01-30-2010, 04:29 PM
jjnemoiii is on a distinguished road

I believe that there should be a check valve in there somewhere, right? Not sure where it is, but if you can find where it goes, make sure that its there.

Old 02-28-2010, 08:19 AM
Beginning Member
piedmontfbody is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jjnemoiii
I believe that there should be a check valve in there somewhere, right? Not sure where it is, but if you can find where it goes, make sure that its there.
I just fixed the same problem on my 2004 2d with fluid leaking out. THere is a small check valve under the rear trim panel. Open the tailgate. Pry up the panel and you will see 'pocket' in there where they stuff all the electrical connections for the tailgate. Pull those out and you will see where the washer fluid lines connect. You can get the check valve from your dealer. I paid $6 for mine.

Old 03-01-2010, 03:19 PM
Starting Member
DaveHearne is on a distinguished road

Hey i'm glad I came across this thread - has helped me get my rear washer working again, hadn't worked for weeks. I could hear the pump running but assumed there was a blockage somewhere. After reading this thread I looked under the trim by the tailgate & found the "L" shaped fitting had become disconnected, reconnected it & put clips around the ends to prevent it coming off again - problem I have now is carpet is soaked underneath so i've taken it out to dry it indoors. I must have soaked up a quart of fluid that was lying in the channel below the trim as well, no wonder my windows have been fogging up so easily!

Old 12-23-2014, 03:19 AM
Beginning Member
mtnlovrs is on a distinguished road
Default Sorry About Reserecting an Old Thread, But...

My friend has the same problem with his 2002 ZR2. Washer fluid is leaking from the nozzle when the tailgate is down. He tore the back door apart looking for the check valve but couldn't find it. He said he lifted the carpet and followed the hose in the channel, but still couldn't find the check valve. Does anybody have any pictures that they could share that might help him and others out with this. They seem to omit this check valve location from all of the available manuals. Thanks in advance.

Old 12-23-2014, 09:18 AM
Starting Member
Blazin00LT is on a distinguished road

Name:  2013-02-23_14-10-51_912_zps4f7490e0.jpg
Views: 5216
Size:  660.4 KB

Old 12-24-2014, 12:51 AM
Beginning Member
mtnlovrs is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Blazin00LT
Thanks for the picture. Is this where the check valve is supposed to be, or is it in the tailgate? I don't see it in the picture.

Quick Reply: Rear window washer fluid leaking