2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Series of events (problems) 2002 2DR 4WD

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 12:10 PM
Beginning Member
cleaveley is on a distinguished road
Default Series of events (problems) 2002 2DR 4WD

Hi guys soo, I'm just wondering if you could read all whats happened and tell me if it seems reasonable, for the amount of damage that was done..

So first off, I heard a clunk in my universals.

Had replaced them, (candian tire gave me the wrong one's, ended up that they sold me sierra ones)

so they blew out on the highway.

Went to get a new drive shaft cuz the other one was messed up big time, I replaced the drive shaft and went to drive it and there was fluid pissing out like no tomorrow from under the vehicle

I got under their looking and noticed the adapter between the trasnfer case and the transmission was cracked, so i went and got that part to replace it, then when I pulled the transfer case out to replace the adapter part I noticed the whole top side of the tranfer case was split.

now does anyone think bad universals (which I have had lots of trouble with this last year ) could have caused all this damage?

also i would like to add when I got the new transfer case, and replaced it all (topped up all fluids, etc) & started the engine it ran for a few mins and then started mis firing and was gonna quit, I looked inside the truck and noticed the engine light flashing so I quickly shut the truck off, and then i got code for multiple cylinder misfire, and torque convertor slipping... However I started the engine back up a few mins later and it was fine.. still driving it today..

will that code cause me any future problems?

Old 04-01-2014, 12:50 PM
Starting Member
jpimp is on a distinguished road

It probably could have been caused by the u-joint depending on how it failed.

Only time will tell if it's a problem down the road.