2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Trans speedo abs ETC

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 03:30 PM
Beginning Member
burnitup is on a distinguished road
Default Trans speedo abs ETC

Very common problem i see i have tried two vss sensors and no dice. i tries another ecm no dice i have looked at all the wiring and i cant find anything that looks bad this is happening when it warms up for like a half hour after driving. You let sit for an hour or so is good.

Is there any way i can cut the wires from the pcm and run new to the vss does it go to something before the pcm i can not find a diagram or color of the wires.

Any help greatly apreated(i cant spell)

Old 07-24-2012, 03:46 PM
Beginning Member

sorry i forgot its a 95 ls 4x4. It has a 5 plug connector on pcm. gray black on the ecm and the numbers are 1620xxxx if that helps at all..

Old 07-24-2012, 04:27 PM
spittybays

You really did not say what the problem is....I can't spell but theres a spell check on the top right of this box.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:05 PM
Beginning Member

OK the car drives fine then the speedo jumps around and eventuly goes to zero. Then it seems to only have second gear. It says i have to download some bs for spell check to work by the way. The problem is not really my concern im 98% sure its in the wiring some where.

All i really need to know is what connector of the 5 plugs on the ecm is the one i need and what wires i cut to go to the vss. Now I also need to Know if those wires veer from the vss before it gets to the pcm or is it straight to the pcm. This is my first blazer/american made vehicle. I have had alot of other cars and i know mostly honda/bmw's. I am just trying to get my car running so i can drive it back and forth to work i dont care that its the wrong way to fix it i know this. I really need a diagram but this stupid haynes manual is absoulutely crap. What a waste of money its only good for torque specs.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:00 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Haynes .... pull the pages out and line the bottom of your bird cage or cat box with it. Works really well for that

1995 4.3L's had 2 different fuel delivery systems and 3 different computer systems, we need to know which set up you have. What does your engine look like:

CMFI:
Name:  CMFI.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  73.5 KB

Or CSFI:
Name:  CSFIEngine.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  62.5 KB

Old 07-25-2012, 05:29 PM
Beginning Member

Sorry i did forget to put that it is the vortec or cmfi.

Old 07-30-2012, 05:44 PM
Beginning Member

Bump ttt

Old 08-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

The schematic I have for 95 S&T body is not the greatest. It doesn't give any more details than this: Two wires at the VSS: Purple with a white stripe and light green with a black stripe. They both go directly to the Vehicle Speed Sensor Buffer, (No clue where it's located). Inside the buffer, the wires change colors: the black wire goes to ground and the brown wire goes to PCM connector #1 row F pin #15. That's all I've got, good luck.

Old 08-02-2012, 03:01 PM
Beginning Member

Thank you very much im thinking that is in the cluster but im unsure as of this min. i found a picture of in here on page 17 figure 3.

http://www.painlessperformance.com/Manuals/60210.pdf

Old 08-02-2012, 08:23 PM

On 1996 & newer, (OBDII equipped vehicles) the buffer is built into the PCM. Very few 1995's have OBDII, and CMFI systems are not equipped with it. Hard to say where the buffer is on yours, but I would think the back of the cluster is a good place to start looking

Quick Reply: Trans speedo abs ETC