2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Trouble Codes P0133,P0134,P0135,P0420,P1133

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2014, 11:05 AM
Beginning Member
poertsch is on a distinguished road
Default Trouble Codes P0133,P0134,P0135,P0420,P1133

Hallo you technical experts.

As you read in the title i have those trouble codes read it out of my Control Unit

P0133
P0134
P0135
P0420
P1133

So last year i was change 2 Oxygen Sensors. But i was not sure witch bank i was replace. So can somebody please explain me what and where is Bank1 and Bank2. I know that i have 4 Sensors. So what can i do to solve this problem. The sensors are not to expensive so i can order 4 new once this will be not the problem. If so witch one are the best. And is there a small instruction what i can do else that those trouble codes will be cleared. I was deleted them now but still a while the service light will came on. I will
be happy and say thank you if some one can give a very easy help that i can find and solve this problems.

thanks a lot Poertsch

Old 03-16-2014, 08:54 AM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

All of those DTC's, (with the exception of the P0420), are all related to the B1S1 oxygen sensor. If you have 4 sensors, you have a 1996 or 1997, is that correct?

Name:  96_97_HO2S_loc.jpg
Views: 9140
Size:  35.1 KB

AC Delco or Denso oxygen sensors work the best in these vehicles.

Old 03-16-2014, 04:18 PM
Beginning Member

Hallo thanks for the picture. I got a 1997 Chevy Blazer. So what you think. If i will replace all sensors with the same type. Will this solve my problem or i got another failure what i have to solve. Because i was starting to replace some sensors not all but 2 of them.

thanks Poertsch

Old 03-16-2014, 06:51 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

B1S3 does not affect engine performance. It checks the catalytic converter to make sure it is working properly.

This link will help diagnose the problem: https://blazerforum.com/forum/tech-a...agnosis-26408/

Start with the P0133. It could be a problem with the fuse, wiring, bad oxygen sensor ground, or the oxygen sensor.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:06 AM
Beginning Member

@Captain Hoock I need one more help before i will start tomorrow to install all my parts. Where i find this secret Fuse box under the hood. I was searching for but only some relays and the CPU Box i don't find anything. Maybe it was to dark inside the garage.

If you can help me to find the right place. This will be great. Thank you very much.

Greetings from Germany

Old 04-04-2014, 02:49 PM

1997 does not have a fuse box under the hood. Only 1998 and newer have a fuse box under the hood.

Old 04-13-2014, 05:46 PM
Beginning Member

Hallo Captain.

In Order i was replace all 4 sensor as your information into densos. Ok after 2 days this service engine light will flash on again.
I was reading something about reset the fuel trim values. So my question is what kind of software you use to check your PCM over OBD2. At the moment i have ScanMaster ELM, Delphi 2013.
What is the best Software to checking American cars. This will help me also a lot for other Problems.
Maybe you have another idea.

Thanks alot

poertsch

Old 04-13-2014, 07:19 PM

Does the service engine soon light flash on and off while you are driving, or does it remain on? Connect a scan tool and retrieve the trouble codes. Then post them here. On most GM vehicles, I use a Snap On Solus scan tool.

Old 04-13-2014, 09:08 PM
Lancealot is on a distinguished road

I've had o2 codes from bad head gaskets, cracked heads, and bad intake gaskets. If your losing coolant out of your exhaust the coolant could be reeking havok on your sensors and giving bad data to the PCM. I've experienced this on several of these engines where after the coolant was stopped from getting in the combustion chamber all codes never returned again without sensor replacement. Unless of course the wires were bad and the PCM wasn't seeing the sensors. Check for disappearing coolant. Run engine with radiator cap off and watch for bubbles and signs of the coolant system being pressurized by combustion gasses.

Old 04-15-2014, 04:53 PM
Beginning Member

Ok thank you for your information.

First of all after i was replace the sensors the light engine service soon was coming on after 2 days i was driving my car. I had not the chance to hook on my Computer OBDII Software. But i will do this tomorrow. It is late at Germany now. If i will get any Codes i will post them here. So i hope we can find a solution. Give me some couple hours and i will be back here soon.

and thanks for the tip with the gaskets i will check them too if i will see any problem. Hope it will be not a horrible work to replace them. It was hard enough to replace the valve cover gasket on the driving side.

Thanks my friends it is a great forum also for German fans of driving US cars. Better then ours in Germany.

Greetings oversea

Quick Reply: Trouble Codes P0133,P0134,P0135,P0420,P1133