2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

Window washer pump

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 09:26 PM
jpbt1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Window washer pump

I'm hoping someone can help me with my problem. My window washer pump died a week ago. I replaced it.....still a no go. I did check to see if the old pump was bad, and the new pump is good. All's good......except....I still have no fluid coming out.....What could the problem b? Fuse is good....... Anybody ever experience this?? Is there another fuse I don't know about? Thanks in advance.....I'm totally frustrated, and winter's comin !!!! [&o]

Old 12-09-2006, 11:20 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Window washer pump

Can you hear the pump working. It's possible that the nozzles are plugged.
Remove the hose from the pump and try to blow through it. If you can't, the nozzles are plugged. If the nozzles are plugged, they can often be blown out with compressed air or use a pin to clear them.

Old 12-09-2006, 11:52 PM

No.......the pump wont turn on when I install it.... I tested it off the truck and it turned on....when I installed it....nada......strange huh?

Old 12-10-2006, 12:31 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

Do you have a test light or a voltmeter to test for power and ground at the wiring connector?

Old 12-10-2006, 01:24 PM

I did....no juice....so I checked the fuse...it's ok........where does the pump wiring go to??? BTW....Thanks for your help.....

Old 12-10-2006, 04:01 PM
BF Veteran

I don't see your vehicle info...make , year, options?

When the washer switch is turned to ON, the battery voltage is applied to terminal A of the wiper motor through CKT 113. The washer switch also applies voltage to the washer pump through CKT 228. The wiper motor has voltage applied through the low-speed relay and operates at low speed for 2-4 wipes.

When the washer switch is held on, the wiper motor module will keep the washer pump on only as long as the washer switch is held on

Old 12-11-2006, 12:53 AM
BF Veteran

My trucks are so lod that I've install aftermarket in-line pumps and installed a new electrical circuit to a button I installed in the dash.

Old 12-12-2006, 08:06 PM
RonJon is an unknown quantity at this point

Craziest darn thing... I was just looking at a '99 and the owner complained the rear washer didn't work (among other things) The rear main tailgate was open and we could hear the pump running when you pushed the button, but no fluid. As soon as I shut the tailgate it all came running out.... broken hosein there somewhere.

Old 12-13-2006, 02:31 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Mine broke in the back as well. The hose came disconnected under the overhead trim panel. I took teh panel off, and installed a longer piece of hose. Problem fixed.

Old 08-02-2007, 03:30 PM
BLAZIN is an unknown quantity at this point

my front one isnt working either, which fuses are they?

Quick Reply: Window washer pump