2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

[BLAZER 99] can't read DTC nor access ECU

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 09:16 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

A trip to a GM dealership might be worth it. It will likely save you time and $$ in the long run. If they cannot get their scan tool (should be equiped with a TechII), then you are likely looking at a faulty PCM.

I recently swapped PCM's in my Rainier with a tuned one from PCM4Less.com and the first one they sent me was faulty. The truck would run, but I could not connect to the PCM with my scan tool. Your PCM could very well be at fault, but it is not a simple thing to get a replacement without the proper tools to ensure that it is programmed to your truck's options (RPO codes) properly.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Beginning Member
pierrem is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi swartlkk,

Probably best advice ... but it sounds bad.

The 'nearest' Chevrolet* dealer is in Paris (500 km ...)
*meaning an 'american cars' dealer, not only the Koreans.

And because the Blazer is not running, it means to tow it !
I prefer not to think abot the price

2 more questions :
- do you think it is possible to have the PCM only to be tested/scanned, after having unplugged it ?
I take train many times a year to Paris ....

- Originnaly, I bought the scanner to verify that it is the cranksaft position sensor that is out of order.
How can I test it ? It is a 3 pin model (just post another message asking for that)

Thanks for all, I let you know how I solved the problem (if I do ...)

p

Old 12-10-2009, 01:25 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I just posted the following trouble shooting guides:
OBD2 Scan Tool Does Not Communicate With Class 2 Device
96+ Engine Cranks But Does Not Run

Have a look through them and let us know if you have any questions.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:43 PM
cslaybough is on a distinguished road

i have a 95 with obd 2 link up with obd 1 pcm scan toot reads linking error tryed 2 actron scan tools both say the same thing vechiel wont start timing is good it stumbles and wants to start but doesent. can i use a dvm to check the crank sensor? if so how do i do this? had modgule and coils checked they checked out good cleanded all grounds no help still cant read pcm for trouble codes. cslaybough

Old 12-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by cslaybough
i have a 95 with obd 2 link up with obd 1 pcm scan toot reads linking error tryed 2 actron scan tools both say the same thing vechiel wont start timing is good it stumbles and wants to start but doesent. can i use a dvm to check the crank sensor? if so how do i do this? had modgule and coils checked they checked out good cleanded all grounds no help still cant read pcm for trouble codes. cslaybough
Please create your own thread to discuss your problem rather than hijack this one.