2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

01 reassembly

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 04:11 AM
Starting Member
PJHealy is on a distinguished road
Default 01 reassembly

ok here is my problem...
Ive been tearing down and repairing and replacing a whole bunch of stuff in my 01 ls 4x4 4 door. I started all this work long enough ago though that im having some difficulty with the reassembly of the entire front clip...

heres the questions:
1 does anyone have some good pics to go from for the reassembly?
2 any good cheap replacements for the EGR tube? (not the vlave just the tube)
3 need good tips on replacing the distributor stem after i ingeniously decided not to mark the position?
4 I have a block out of another 01 but when I bought it I hadnt noticed that there was some rust in one of the cylinders... now im using it for a frankenstein fun field toy thing but what are some of the risks involved with not getting it machined and just using the block the way it is? (not major rust just deep enough that i got a good bit off with a rag and carb cleaner.)

Old 07-26-2011, 11:28 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

#1 - Check compnine.com's diagram section.
#2 - You can get the PN from the reference in #1 & run a search for it.
#3 - Check out the EDI Engine Timing thread in the Tech Article (DIY) section.
#4 - Just hone it out yourself to clean up the cylinder walls provided they aren't pitted too bad.