2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

02 4.3 won't start looking for help

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 04:24 PM
Beginning Member
BLAZERXCLONE is on a distinguished road
Default 02 4.3 won't start looking for help

Bought not running no info. 02 xtreme blazer 4.3. No keys nothing. New battery. Radio windows n stuff works. Gas level reading empty.added 6 gallons n sea foam. Starter ok n engine turns over after spraying throttle body. Fuel pressure up to 62. Then drops to? Have to see after 10 mins if it holds. Preliminary test read 50 then drop to 40.new plugs cap n rotor. Still won't stay on. Please help. Passlock, fuel pressure regulator? Tps? Fuel level sensor, relay? No fuel to plug. Spider injectors?

Last edited by BLAZERXCLONE; 01-21-2015 at 04:37 PM. Reason: more info
Old 01-21-2015, 05:26 PM
Starting Member
Gregg64 is on a distinguished road

Really going to need to see the codes to start pointing in the right direction because it could be quite a few of the problems you mentioned. Starting with the fuel pressure. It is already too low and that needs to be addressed first. Do the Max Pump Pressure test at the outlet of the fuel filter. Should be 70 too 100 PSI with key on engine off. Then it should not bleed down. Thats the first place to start and we can go from there.

Old 01-21-2015, 05:37 PM
Beginning Member
Default max pressure and codes

Ok no codes from my odb2 scanner. Hasn't turned on yet. When I had my buddy run the Fuel pressure test again. It was 62 to the rail. I will do the max pressure test n repost. Tks gregg.

Old 01-21-2015, 05:41 PM
Beginning Member
Default codes

How do I get codes if sytems are not on?

Old 01-22-2015, 04:02 PM
Starting Member
Gregg64 is on a distinguished road

Everything is stored in memory. If there are codes when you plug in the scanner it will show them as faults and it will set a code. Some issues wont set a code that is why it is important to be able to describe as accurately and correctly ant symptoms and problems. The next thing you need to do is check Max Fuel Pump pressure at the outlet of the fuel filter. Pressure should be 73 too 108 PSI and hold for at least 10 minutes if it doesn't meet these requirements then the pump can cause fuel starvation issues.

Old 01-23-2015, 08:04 AM
Beginning Member
Default 02 4.3, no start issues Passlock2 issues ?

According to most of what I've read for Passlock reprogramming it says that the light stays on. Does that mean that if the light turns off (when in run position (not running) the antitheft light in dash (radio) stays off if diabled. I had to cut new keys. No info no keys no start. Looking for simple solution. Car runs with engine start fluid sprayed in TB but wont stay on. Fuel pressures 62 to rail. No fuel at plug.

Old 02-16-2015, 11:06 AM
Beginning Member

Replaced leaking fuel filter pressure is up and holding. Still wont start. Dry plugs...

Ordered FPR and new injectors. Only thing left I can think of is electrical. Will post results.

Old 02-17-2015, 08:46 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't waste your money on replacing the injectors without first testing to see that you are getting proper power and pulsed ground to the injectors. If either of those two items is out, the injectors are not at fault. Attached is the wiring schematic for the injectors. The ECM1 fuse feeds power to the injectors while the PCM grounds each injector sequentially during engine operation. Testing the injector pulse can be fun on these engines.

Let us know what you find.

Attached Thumbnails 02 4.3 won't start looking for help-98-injectorsch.gif  
Old 02-18-2015, 09:08 AM
Beginning Member
Default thank u swartllk

Copy that swartllk. Im actually getting a new ignition module. If it's not that im towing to work and have my mechanic test the ground and injector pulse. If its not that then maybe im back to pump?!?! I will post results. Im not a mechanic but I'd like to think I can handle my own Blazer! Lol I bought the parts just in case. I have 90days w summit. Worse case I can return unused parts.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:20 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Understood. We're here to help and hopefully save you time & money in the end. Let us know the outcome of your further testing.

Your fuel pressure test results that were posted previously look to be in the proper range so I wouldn't suspect the pump is at fault here. Everything is pointing to something amiss with the fuel delivery at the engine.

Out of curiosity, did you run through the PASSLOCK - Reprogramming Auto Learn procedure?

Quick Reply: 02 4.3 won't start looking for help