2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

1995 Blazer, Desperate for help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 10:37 PM
danb2760 is on a distinguished road

nah thats not my ECM, mine is in the passanger dashboard and has a grey metal body, with a large blue and large red plug in with about a million wires in each one(Advance Auto Parts: Engine Control Computer by BWD - Part ECC2639____), the connect to scanner is on the drive side dash with the 16 point obd 2 connecter, and mine is vin w too but my dist prongs are vertical, HEI i believe, 95s are a pain being cpi and having like 3 different kinds of ecms in that year, my ecm is 56$ at advance(after the core charge has been taken care of) for a BWD rebuilt one, anyway im not doing that yet, that was just a question, more things to be looked at before i consider that, not giving up just yet, few more look see's to be done when the weather breaks, will keep updated thanks!

Last edited by danb2760; 04-09-2011 at 10:48 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:55 PM
Starting Member
davemsmith2002 is on a distinguished road

if this is a tbi not vortec the prob is in the distrubitor the little wheel is cracked internally and free spinning seen it took me 3 mths to find it on my 94 only if its the tall one will go to hell in a hurry and then run fine sounds like your problem to me not the same on flat cap

Old 04-09-2011, 11:10 PM

nope its a 4.3L vortec cpi

Old 04-10-2011, 06:22 PM

was checking sensors and stuff today, got to the evap purge solenoid again, key on engine off still no voltage on the pink wire(should read battery voltge) or the green/white ground wire, will probably have this looked into by the shop, engine running today at ideal, still no voltge to it (flashed 0.02-0.01) didnt give it time to warm up though, only ran for about 2 minutes while i was testing this

Old 04-11-2011, 12:46 PM
bigdaddykane93 is on a distinguished road

just cuurious, where exactly is this evap purge solenoid located?

Old 04-11-2011, 04:57 PM

its mounted on the driverside of the intake manifold between the intake manifold and the oil fill cap, its a little black box with two hose connections facing the cab one goes to the back to the charcoal canister, the other foward to the throttle body(on the bottum of the throttle body valve there is a little metal prong for it). (mine) has an electrical connecter thats redish with a blue cap on the end and it has a pink wire and a green wire with a white stripe on it that both go into the connecter, the whole thing is mounted on a tiny bracket on the intake manifold thats held on by 1 screw nut(theres a picture of me pointing at it earlyer in this forum but its kinda hard to see) the part itself is cheap, only like 25 dollars

ok its sunny and in the 80s today! and i got my truck to mess up in the driveway, i was checking fuses and stuff and once again for voltage to the purge solenoid, nothing, nothing on the ground and nothing on the pink wire, no voltage and no resistence, anyway the truck idled up to operating temp and after 15 minutes or so it started doing its bogging/surging thing, cut it off then went to restart it, did nothing but crank and cracnk and started to catch fire, sputterd a few times with the gas pedal floored and me fanning it, but then it just died again, anyway i got my girlfriend to take a look at the tailpipe and she said it would give a big black poof of smoke when it started to catch fire for 2 seconds and sputterd untaill it was dead, also, you know how normally the SES and Check gauges light pops up when the key is in the ignition and trucks not running, well i didnt do this, check gauges was up, but the SES was gone, shut it off and try again same thing, a few times the SES light came on before i cranked(like normal) those were the times it acted like it wanted to start then just bogged down and died again, is this a sign of ECM failure? also i didnt spot any bad fuses they all looked good, anyway im letting the truck sit and chill now, when it did this to me a few weeks ago, it started after chilling for a bit and ran "normal" any ideas?

ok got the truck started, really hesitant to do so but when it finially did, ran better than before i started acting up, i have no idea, at a major loss of word, ha

Last edited by swartlkk; 04-11-2011 at 07:41 PM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the edit function to add additional information in your post if another member has yet to respond.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Starting Member
gscrippler is an unknown quantity at this point

The vac line you described earlier runs from underneath the throttle body to the Evap
switch Here's something to check that happened to me. if you can get the truck to run
wiggle the Wiring harness for the injector spider. It's a red and blue wire that connects to a plug near the evap stuff and then runs through the front of the Plenum through a rubber grommet and then plugs into the Spider. The insulation may have worn through and if it is at the right angle it shorts and the truck dies

Old 04-11-2011, 08:35 PM
kristoph30 is on a distinguished road

Its not the ECM.. But you seem dead set to condem it. If it will make you feel better, replace it. Then you can continue on and find the REAL problem.

Old 04-12-2011, 12:11 AM

going to hold off on parts for a bit, i have a scanner someone suggested i use coming in the mail sometimes this week, maybe i can get it to mess up again and catch, in the mean time does anyone have the wireing schematics for under the hook of this truck? obd 1.5 95 vin w 2 dr 4wd 4.3vortec cpi

Old 04-12-2011, 06:16 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You might want to plunk down the $20 or so for an AllDataDIY.com account so you can look up whatever system you are dealing with. There are quite a few different diagrams depending on what you are looking at.

Quick Reply: 1995 Blazer, Desperate for help!!!!