2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

1996 starting problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 09:01 PM
Starting Member
Adam Joseph Wallace is on a distinguished road
Exclamation 1996 starting problem

Hello all, I'm currently at work writing this. I went to leave on my dinner break and my 1996 Blazer wouldn't start. At first it looked like I had about 11-12 volts and my clock reset and it started to almost turn. I tried it again afterward and it would only click a bunch. So I asked a coworker if she would jump it for me, so we tried to jump it using her little blue Volkswagen Bug. At that point, wouldn't even click, but the power windows, power locks, radio, etc all still worked. So I called my mother to try and jump it for me using her Dodge Durango. At this point nothing worked. No electronics and I couldn't even read any of my meters. Nothing worked, I touched the cables together while it was attached to my car and there were sparks as if it were fully charged. I have no idea what to do next. Please please help!

Old 03-20-2014, 09:52 PM
BF Veteran
cleburne red will become famous soon enough

I've had a battery so dead before that it wouldn't even jump. I think it was when my alternator died, and I kept driving it till misfire, then jumped it again, trying to make it home. Eventually had to leave the the car and come back with a good battery.

I would start by taking the battery down to auto zone, oreillys, etc. The chain places around here all will charge and test your battery for free, just gotta leave it with them an hour or so.

It's a lot easier and cheaper to haul a battery to the parts store than to tow a blazer back home!

Old 03-21-2014, 10:25 AM
burned is on a distinguished road