2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2000 blazer 2wd 2 door wont start

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 10:38 AM
bigbbullies is on a distinguished road
Default 2000 blazer 2wd 2 door wont start

i got 2000 blazer 2dr 2wd. wont start, died in the snow, when turn key nothing, got power radio lights, but no crank at all, i was try too get of my drive way and it died and now im puzzled. dont know where too start. got power no crank at all, like a bad starter but cant be, it died when i was backing it up.

Old 02-17-2010, 10:45 AM
DriftinBlzr is on a distinguished road

Have done all the obvious things? Have you checked all the fuses to make sure they are good? Have you checked the battery connections and make sure they are free of corrosion and tight? Do the instrument panel lights dim when you try starting it?

Later, Doug

Old 02-17-2010, 10:52 AM

nope light stay strong, , checked most of the fuses, like it shut if self off, make think is there a safety switch

Old 02-17-2010, 11:07 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Was it running rough at all before it died? Im thinking crank sensor or something like that?

Or a ground on the engine came lose/froze/broke off?

Old 02-17-2010, 11:48 AM

ran fine, went out check see if starter got power its does, just no crank at all nothing, can someone help

Old 02-17-2010, 12:11 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Any extra lights (like the 'security' light) on the dash staying on after the initial christmas tree effect (all lights coming on)?

Old 02-17-2010, 12:31 PM

nope the security not on. it died and then no crank at all, got power, thanks big b

Old 02-17-2010, 12:34 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You have +12V at the small wire on the starter solenoid when cranking, correct?

What happens to the voltage on the main + terminal on the starter when the key is turned to the start position?

If you have good power to both the main + on the starter and the solenoid trigger wire, then the solenoid is bad and not transferring power to the starter motor. This does not explain why your truck died on you though so I doubt that is your problem.

Old 02-17-2010, 12:37 PM
packofqtips is an unknown quantity at this point

is it in park? try starting it in neutral

Old 02-17-2010, 12:51 PM

try neutral nothing, not my starter. im lost, is there over rev the motor, reset

Quick Reply: 2000 blazer 2wd 2 door wont start