2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2000 blazer 4.3

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Beginning Member
pappy57 is on a distinguished road
Default 2000 blazer 4.3

just done rebuilt heads distributor,plugs ,plug wires,cap, rotor bug, coil, ignition module, and a crank sensor i still get no spark from any plug wires what the hell is going on.? I've also reset the timming with the bug pointing at the 6 on the distributor ready to burn the damn thing.

Rick

Old 09-05-2012, 11:20 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

If you replace the crank position sensor you have to get a re-learn done on it. Most shops with a better grade scanner can do that.

Old 09-06-2012, 12:36 AM
50lb_cat will become famous soon enough

+1, and hopefully you used delco or delphi parts or you will be replacing the ignition componets again...

Old 09-06-2012, 06:44 AM
Beginning Member
Default ****

well i thought i would be done with this thing a relearn what is that ive worked on cars for over 40 years and never heard of this stuff before i changed the crank sensor it still wasnt giving me any spark from the coil what could cause that?

Old 09-06-2012, 10:41 PM
Beginning Member
Default help

so just what is a relearn and can i do it myself?

Old 09-06-2012, 10:51 PM
FsTFwRd is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Rottidog
If you replace the crank position sensor you have to get a re-learn done on it. Most shops with a better grade scanner can do that.
A re-learn? Isn't that some kind of pass-lock security feature Government Motors (GM) started putting on their 03+ vehicles? Cause I didn't think I had this on my 2k.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:10 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

It takes a higher end OBDII scanner/communicator that most decent shops will have. They have to hook up to the OBDII port & run the vehicle/PCM through a re-learn procedure.

Here are a couple Google results
Crankshaft Position Sensor Learn Issues on Gen III Engines
GM Computer Relearn Procedure (including Crankshaft relearn)

If you replace the CKP it is necessary.

Old 09-08-2012, 07:23 PM
Beginning Member

;ve taken everything back apart use paint stripper to make sure grounds where good ,Replaced the computer ,crank position sensor ,ignition module,coil,plugs, plug wires, distributor cap ,and bug,even ran it up on number one and made sure the bug pointed at the 6 on the distributor,and the mark on the ballancer was dead on the v shape on the front pan Still no spark i put an in line spark plug tester on number one plug no spark any ideas im about ready to burn all i had to do was head gaskets nothin has ever happened where iv got no spark ????

Old 09-11-2012, 02:22 PM
FsTFwRd is on a distinguished road

Have you tried what Rottidog said? I'm not sure about this now, but if the processor in the computer you installed needs to be programmed, I'm betting you need a dealer to do that. I don't know why but you know how these car companies always recommend you take to a dealer. Try putting the old computer back in also.
My friend has a camaro and a few years ago he changed his stereo out for an aftermarket one. His car wouldn't start after this and he had to take it to a dealer to get some theft lock situation worked out with the new radio.

Old 09-12-2012, 05:15 PM
Beginning Member

That makes sense i guess since i have the radio with inop flashing im waiting on my new ecm now then ill take it to don brown chevy for a freash flash

Quick Reply: 2000 blazer 4.3