2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2000 blazer glove box issues:(

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 11:31 PM
Beginning Member
loudblazer21 is on a distinguished road
Default 2000 blazer glove box issues:(

I have a 2000 2dr blazer and all sudden out of no where. the glove box won't close now it's not the latch itself the latch moves back and forth freely no issues there. but the actual handle that's on the glove box door itself stay's out like your opening it if you look on the bottom there is what look's like a piece of plastic sticking out from bottom of handle idk if that has to go againist something or missing something idk. please help i need to get my glove box closed.

Old 08-28-2011, 01:03 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Well.. you have identified the part that is at fault.. what exactly is it you want help with?
Okay.. replace the latch.
Till then, do you have duct tape?

Old 08-28-2011, 01:05 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

MMm duct tape to strong

Lol its gonna ruin the interior

use masking tape that should fix it !

Edit: They say duct tape is a good wedding present it could fix any thing

Last edited by xgiovannix12; 08-28-2011 at 01:08 AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:16 AM
Beginning Member
Chilimon is on a distinguished road

or a couple 3" screws

Old 08-28-2011, 09:57 AM
Beginning Member

is there anyway to replace just the handle?

Old 08-28-2011, 10:17 AM
Beginning Member

Yes but it is up to you if you just go to the scrap yard and get another door or take your's apart to repair it, 8 screws or more on the back, me I would just get another door from the scrap yard and replace it.

Old 08-28-2011, 11:15 AM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by loudblazer21
is there anyway to replace just the handle?
Geez, LB! You're trying to make a plan to replace a glove box door latch!!!!!!!? Take the whole damn thing off and pull the light bulb!
LIVE LIFE ON THE EDGE.. JUST DO IT!!!!

or take the latch assy off and duct tape it shut.
But
Since you have to take it off anyway to work on it, cause it's all one assy, that would dum wouldnt it.

Fixes for things like this:
Find fasteners for broken parts. Remove fasteners for broken parts - either with approp hand tools or with drill for rivets. Examine parts of broken parts. Either fix or replace broken parts of broken part or with a WHOLE part.

__________________________________________________ _

If I **** anyone off with the above..... good! The way I learned whatever I learned was to think for myself and research for myself.
THINK FORWARD - What would/could happen IF...
Ask questions when you get to a wall.... OR you screw something up. But a glove box aint all that important.

Just DO IT. If you screw it up, people understand.
__________________________________________________ ______

Masking tape!!!! Have you ever tried to USE masking tape to hold something?

A. The adhesive is not strong enough.. why it's called masking tape to begin with
-or-
B. It's cheap and the adhesive is TOO transferable, dries up fast and is a bitch to clean off and you're left with paper AND adhesive to remove.
Good rule of thumb: Never Ever use masking tape inside a car, unless you are SURE you are going to take it back off before sundown on the same day!

Use REAL fabric duct tape and the fabric will come off and the adhesive that remain comes off well with rubbing alcohol.
That is exactly why guys that are good at 'fix-it' ALWAYS have Duct tape.

Listen to your elder's wisdom. I made the mistakes and tell you about them so you dont have the same messes to deal with

Last edited by pettyfog; 08-28-2011 at 11:58 AM.
Old 08-28-2011, 03:39 PM
Beginning Member

well I took glove box door off n took apart found out issue the small piece plastic coming down from handle was not over the latch piece so when open handle instead was under it and didn't do a thing. Also plastic piece off handle looked weak so I ca glued around it all for strength

Old 08-28-2011, 04:37 PM
Beginning Member

Now do yourself another favor, pop the hood and check / replace fluids, filters and thermostat. Thats one of the first things I do to any vehicle I buy except new.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:59 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by pettyfog
Geez, LB! You're trying to make a plan to replace a glove box door latch!!!!!!!? Take the whole damn thing off and pull the light bulb!
LIVE LIFE ON THE EDGE.. JUST DO IT!!!!

or take the latch assy off and duct tape it shut.
But
Since you have to take it off anyway to work on it, cause it's all one assy, that would dum wouldnt it.

Fixes for things like this:
Find fasteners for broken parts. Remove fasteners for broken parts - either with approp hand tools or with drill for rivets. Examine parts of broken parts. Either fix or replace broken parts of broken part or with a WHOLE part.

__________________________________________________ _

If I **** anyone off with the above..... good! The way I learned whatever I learned was to think for myself and research for myself.
THINK FORWARD - What would/could happen IF...
Ask questions when you get to a wall.... OR you screw something up. But a glove box aint all that important.

Just DO IT. If you screw it up, people understand.
__________________________________________________ ______

Masking tape!!!! Have you ever tried to USE masking tape to hold something?

A. The adhesive is not strong enough.. why it's called masking tape to begin with
-or-
B. It's cheap and the adhesive is TOO transferable, dries up fast and is a bitch to clean off and you're left with paper AND adhesive to remove.
Good rule of thumb: Never Ever use masking tape inside a car, unless you are SURE you are going to take it back off before sundown on the same day!

Use REAL fabric duct tape and the fabric will come off and the adhesive that remain comes off well with rubbing alcohol.
That is exactly why guys that are good at 'fix-it' ALWAYS have Duct tape.

Listen to your elder's wisdom. I made the mistakes and tell you about them so you dont have the same messes to deal with
I gotta admit it, I was thinking about replying to the OP with pretty much the same type of response. Well, almost the same...lol