2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2000 blazer vacuum line

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 06:17 PM
Beginning Member
thundergod66 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Rottidog
How about you take a pic & post it for us to see what's what? A pic or 2 like Kyle (swartlkk) posted with the intake etc removed.
That should help.

I was one step ahead of ya Rottidog..lol..here are the pics..Pic1 is i took off the hose and pic 2 is the way it is now...Sorry for haven to keep botherein you'll but im tryin to get this fix..

Attached Thumbnails 2000 blazer vacuum line-pic1.jpg   2000 blazer vacuum line-pic2.jpg  
Old 05-30-2012, 06:33 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe its snapped off & the fitting is put in backwards? Post a picture from the same angle as the picture I provided above if you could or from up top if the radiator hose gets in the way. I have never seen a fitting without the small pipe nipple on it and I have worked on many different 96-05 4.3L equiped s-series trucks.

And even if it isn't there, that is where it is supposed to go. Go down to the hardware store & buy a tube of two part plastic epoxy and a 5/16" plastic hose barb. Remove the fitting. Look it over & mark a location for a hole that will not damage the o-ring seal in the fitting. Drill the appropriate sized hole. Epoxy in the nipple and reinstall. Done. Or get the fitting from a junkyard motor.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:56 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Maybe its snapped off & the fitting is put in backwards? Post a picture from the same angle as the picture I provided above if you could or from up top if the radiator hose gets in the way. I have never seen a fitting without the small pipe nipple on it and I have worked on many different 96-05 4.3L equiped s-series trucks.

And even if it isn't there, that is where it is supposed to go. Go down to the hardware store & buy a tube of two part plastic epoxy and a 5/16" plastic hose barb. Remove the fitting. Look it over & mark a location for a hole that will not damage the o-ring seal in the fitting. Drill the appropriate sized hole. Epoxy in the nipple and reinstall. Done. Or get the fitting from a junkyard motor.
If i drill and add the nipple, does the nipple have to be up there or can i just buy a pcv valve that has the nipple already and install the pcv on the valve cover and attach it from there..I wa thinking like this in the pic

Attached Thumbnails 2000 blazer vacuum line-pcv.jpg  

Last edited by thundergod66; 05-30-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:02 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Provided that you can find a PCV valve that has a sufficiently large enough port to supply both vacuum pressure for the PCV system and for the vacuum powered accessories, that would work as well.

*EDIT* Something like shown in the picture you posted in your edit should work. Just make double sure that you don't have an open hole in the fitting where the PCV line connects.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:40 PM
Beginning Member
tmnc78 is on a distinguished road

Looks like the line that runs to the secondary air injection, under the front passenger side of the bumper.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:05 PM
Starting Member
Jase1979 is on a distinguished road

Possible the engine was swapped ??? I replaced my engine with a 2001 Silverado 2wd unit and that had to be switched over to get vacuum to my 4wd and heater controls.

Easiest way to fix it would be to get the vacuum port off a 4wd 4.3 and hook the hose to the nipple.

Old 05-30-2012, 08:18 PM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by Jase1979
Possible the engine was swapped ??? I replaced my engine with a 2001 Silverado 2wd unit and that had to be switched over to get vacuum to my 4wd and heater controls.

Easiest way to fix it would be to get the vacuum port off a 4wd 4.3 and hook the hose to the nipple.
is that what its called..vacuum port??

Old 05-31-2012, 08:27 PM
Starting Member
Jase1979 is on a distinguished road

I call it a vacuum port but I'm sure they will name it something else at the dealer

Old 06-01-2012, 09:59 PM
Beginning Member

I wanna thank everybody that helped me on this matter,ive came to the conclusion that that nipple just broke off..At least now i know exactly where it goes and what it looks like..The dealer wants 15 bucks for new one,so im gonna go check out few junkyards to see what i can find..The dealer called it a pcv valve cover...And again thanx to all for ya help and paitence...

Old 06-02-2012, 12:57 AM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Collectively we all made it work to hopefully a good solution to the issue.
THAT'S what a forum is for. Different experiences/knowledge etc & to share.

I'm drunk, tough week at work - g'night. lol

Quick Reply: 2000 blazer vacuum line