2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2000 GMC Jimmy/Envy

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 06:53 AM
Beginning Member
mjsk5blazer is on a distinguished road
Default 2000 GMC Jimmy/Envy

I replaced the Valve idle air control yesterday,checked all the fittings, and plug ends and also the wires. it ran good and did what it was supoposed to do the first start up ( before i started it i went in and ereased the code it was throwing). i let it run for about 15 minutes, then shut it off, i wentback out 30 minutes later started it up and let it run 30 minutes (while we was getting ready to head out) I then took it on a short road trip and was fine. stopped off to pic up my daughter and drove it home (5 minute trip). Wife then started it up and left to go intop the citys, and ten minutes later she called and said the check engine light came back on. it threw the same code P0101(this is the old code for the Maf sensor) had that replaced too. Is there something i am missing?

Ok heres the code i have P0507 i have double checked everything..... the only thing i didnt do was replace the gasket under throttle body to intake......... i am guessing this is my problem....... gasket didnt tear or anything, and i double checked everything.........gona go out and take it all back apart and pick up a new gasket.......

thanks!
Mj

Last edited by mjsk5blazer; 12-19-2010 at 09:04 AM.
Old 12-19-2010, 09:27 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Old 12-19-2010, 01:15 PM
Beginning Member

Ok i took it all back apart, took the valve back told them it was bad, got a new one, replaced the rubber gasket, but before hand i bought some throttle body spray cleaner, got everything cleaned up wiped off and re-installed, ran it for a bit shut it off and cleared the code...... i used it acouple of times since i have it fixed now....... find out wen the wife gets home from work tomorrow............

Old 12-19-2010, 02:36 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If replacement and cleaning does not solve the issue, you may want to step down through the diagnostic chart provided in the link I posted above.

Old 12-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Beginning Member

Nope that didnt work............. i replaced the air filter jsut a bit ago.......... i double checked everything (fittings the whole nine yards.........) But i did notice some one was messing with the idle screw, so i backed it off a tad (not alot just a smidge.) see if that helps.............. why some one was touching that is beyound me............ now i am lost............ and its driving me nutts now................ just dont get it........will have to read up some more on it.......

Mj

Old 12-28-2010, 06:41 AM
Beginning Member
Talking

well i looked alittle deeper in this, and finally have it fixed....
who woulda thunk the throttle butter fly has some grime and enough to trip the ECM and throw the Idle valve code. odds are i didnt need to change it, but then again i shouldnt have to worrie about it now...........
While holding the throttle butterfly all the way open (Engine off ofcourse) i sprayed throttle body cleaner in and around bore. wiped it off and did this step three times till the towel came out clean.
The only reason was while using the scanner i noticed (first time) engine was idled at around 750rpms.......I cleared the code set the idel, then went out and adjested the idle screw to bring it to 750rpm, cleaned the bore and the rpms dropped alot! reset the idle screw one last time. and for the past week or so it has been fine (nock on wood) LOL.
I would really like to thank the people on this forum for all there help........
Mj

Old 12-28-2010, 07:00 AM
Administrator

Man... I didn't think I needed to suggest the routine maintenance items, but I am glad to see that you fixed your problem with a can of throttle body cleaner!

Old 12-29-2010, 01:00 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

hope you sprayed some in the passage behind the plate for the iac air passageway

Old 01-01-2011, 07:23 AM
Beginning Member
Angry

Thanks Guys for your help, yes i sprayed everything..............worked for one week..... now its throwing the code again........
BUT for the past week the light wasnt on i could still tell there was a probem.......that may not veen be related tot he idle control valve.....

When you pulling up to to a stop light whatching the tach. its at 1,000 rpms....... (If you kick it out of gear it goes to 1200 rpms) then 15 seconds later it drops down to 750 rpms.......
Its gona have to go into the shop, then she gets to walk to work, no way is she going to use my van..............she can **** off..............
Its out of my control now, as i have done everything i can think of..............

Mj

Old 01-01-2011, 08:05 AM
Administrator

Vacuum leak? EGR valve stuck open?

Quick Reply: 2000 GMC Jimmy/Envy