2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

2002 blazer vacuum lines

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 10:54 AM
Beginning Member
skiextreme2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2002 blazer vacuum lines

Does anyone have a diagram or drawing of the vacuum lines for a 2002, 4.3, 4wd auto?
I found a line broken off on drivers side near firewall and don't see where it was connected and on further investigation, there is a lot of cracking on the rest of the lines.
I'm having problems with (I think) 4wd not disengaging completely. It feels like it's in 4wd when I reverse and turn sharply.

Old 06-21-2009, 07:17 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have the 3-button or 4-button 4wd switch in the dash? This will determine if the line for the 4wd activation goes to the transfer case (3-button) or to the electronic vacuum solenoid on the firewall (4-button).

The line should run from the vacuum source (intake manifold) then to a few different 'T's. These 'T's will branch off to the vacuum reservoir (located inside the driver side fender), the firewall to the HVAC system, then to either the transfer case or the vacuum solenoid for the 4wd system.

Old 06-22-2009, 05:56 AM
Beginning Member
Question This helps

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Do you have the 3-button or 4-button 4wd switch in the dash? This will determine if the line for the 4wd activation goes to the transfer case (3-button) or to the electronic vacuum solenoid on the firewall (4-button).

The line should run from the vacuum source (intake manifold) then to a few different 'T's. These 'T's will branch off to the vacuum reservoir (located inside the driver side fender), the firewall to the HVAC system, then to either the transfer case or the vacuum solenoid for the 4wd system.
I have the 4 button system. (4wd auto, 2wd hi, 4wd hi, 4wd lo) When I looked at it yesterday, there is a line not connected to anything, either broken off, or when I patched the other break, I disconnected something, but I can't see anything to connect it to.

I did see two T's very close to drivers side fender and firewall and the line that's not connected to anything is right below them. Where is the vacuum solenoid located?

I'd like to replace all the vacuum lines, but need to know how much line to get. All I can see is about 3-4 feet.

BTW, I DO have a manual, but it does NOT show any vacuum lines.

UPDATE I noticed that the fresh air vent would not close completely like it usually does when I turn the switch to the off position. I also noticed that the Max AC does not seem to work, i.e: nothing changes when switching from AC to Max AC.

Thanks

Last edited by skiextreme2; 07-02-2009 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Updating
Old 07-02-2009, 08:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry that your post seemed to have been missed, but it still is better to bump your post than to take it to PM. If you have not received a reply in a day or two, reply to your own thread again to "bump" the post back up to the top of the forum section.

The vacuum solenoid (as discussed in quite a few other threads) is located near the center of the firewall above the engine. Try searching for NV236 or NP236 and you should find some related threads.

About the a/c to max a/c problem, do you have manual or automatic climate control?

Old 07-03-2009, 07:38 AM
Beginning Member
Default Still having problems

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Sorry that your post seemed to have been missed, but it still is better to bump your post than to take it to PM. If you have not received a reply in a day or two, reply to your own thread again to "bump" the post back up to the top of the forum section.

The vacuum solenoid (as discussed in quite a few other threads) is located near the center of the firewall above the engine. Try searching for NV236 or NP236 and you should find some related threads.

About the a/c to max a/c problem, do you have manual or automatic climate control?
I have manual controls. I fixed that by looping a hose back and putting another T in the line.

I'm going to take a photo and send it.