Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/)
-   -   2002 ZR2 looking for fuel pump (https://blazerforum.com/forum/2nd-generation-s-series-1995-2005-tech-41/2002-zr2-looking-fuel-pump-95348/)

Garrett78 09-17-2017 03:58 AM

2002 ZR2 looking for fuel pump

I am looking for advice on a decent fuel pump for my blazer I have gone through 2 in the past 2 weeks now I am under the impression that it is the pumps that are bad they are not built to deal with the ethanol that is in the fuel now.i have put in a spectre and a delphi and neither has preformed for very long and yes the pressure was at passing on both fuel line and bleed down just looking for a brand name that has been changed and worked also are there any high performance after markets available out there?

Vahomboy 09-17-2017 09:35 AM

What brand did you install that failed? Everyone here will say to install the OEM fuel pump...AC Delco/Delphi. Yeah it costs more but I guess that depends on how often you want to change it.

Garrett78 09-17-2017 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Vahomboy (Post 680303)
What brand did you install that failed? Everyone here will say to install the OEM fuel pump...AC Delco/Delphi. Yeah it costs more but I guess that depends on how often you want to change it.

The second one was a Delphi first one was a spectra

GeorgeLG 09-18-2017 11:17 AM

I am at 100,000 miles plus (replaced at 100,000) on a Delphi and still going strong.

George

Vahomboy 09-19-2017 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Vahomboy (Post 680303)

Originally Posted by Garrett78 (Post 680305)
The second one was a Delphi first one was a spectra

Wow! Don't know what to say to that one except for a run of bad luck. I got my oem from AA and never had no more trouble. I feel for ya because my 02 ZR2 Blazer was a b!tch!

Garrett78 09-20-2017 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by Vahomboy (Post 680368)
Wow! Don't know what to say to that one except for a run of bad luck. I got my oem from AA and never had no more trouble. I feel for ya because my 02 ZR2 Blazer was a b!tch!

I've turned this one over to a Chevy dealership whatever is going on is beyond my backyard mechanics abilities they should have an answer for me something else must be going on here

jimspahr@msn.com 09-24-2017 01:30 PM

As stated, everyone here recommends either an AC Delco or Delphi pump. I also read you should replace the entire assembly at the same time: pump, fuel tank level arm, and wiring harness. Some say the harness wiring gauge is too small and causes fuel pump problems. Also be sure that the fuel pump ground is good!

Garrett78 09-24-2017 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by jimspahr@msn.com (Post 680510)
As stated, everyone here recommends either an AC Delco or Delphi pump. I also read you should replace the entire assembly at the same time: pump, fuel tank level arm, and wiring harness. Some say the harness wiring gauge is too small and causes fuel pump problems. Also be sure that the fuel pump ground is good!

it was a full replacement pump with a new wiring harness Chevy got back to me it's the fuel pressure regulator and a couple of parts for the fuel injector assembly