2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

4 wheel drive not workin right

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 04:22 PM
RCarp48 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 4 wheel drive not workin right

So the other day i get stuck in my dive way, tried everything to get out and didnt work, so i throw my truck into 4 wheel low for about 1 minute,I get unstuck, and go 2 throw it back in 2 wheel hi, my light flasheson the 2 wheel high, but after about 10 seconds it just goes back to 4 wheel low. So now im stuck in 4 wheel low and i do not know what to do. I have spent so much money on repairs for it already and it seems as if everytime i take it to get fixed they find new problems with it- So need help, please
-Ryan-

Old 02-19-2007, 04:23 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: 4 wheel drive not workin right

What have you tried to get it out of 4lo?

Old 02-19-2007, 04:29 PM

I've pressed the 2 wheel hi button in drive, I've done the same in neutral, put it in park, turned it off and on hoping it would maybe reset or something, I've tried pretty much everything by the book.
-Ryan-

Old 02-19-2007, 04:37 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, just wanted to be sure that you have done it in neutral. Have you tried it while moving?

Also, if nothing seems to help and you need to get it out of low range, you may want to try disconnecting the battery for atleast 5 minutes, then try it again. This is only a temporary fix to get it back to 2hi and should not be used as a long term solution.

Do you have Auto-4wd? If you do, then a Tech2 or equivalent scanner is necessary to read the TCCM codes. If you do not have the auto option, then you can check the codes yourself. Look for the diagnostic procedure in the DIY section.

After looking up your other post, I see that you have a 2000 Trailblazer edition Blazer which probably means that you have the auto option. If you could add your vehicle information into your signature (via the 'My Profile' link at the top of the page) and click on the check box to include your signature with your posts, that will help us provide accurate information in the future.

Old 02-19-2007, 04:46 PM

I really appreciate your help. Im a little curious about disconnecting the battery though, how come that would just be a temporary fix?

Old 02-19-2007, 04:55 PM
Administrator

Disconnecting the battery will reset the TCCM which should allow you to return to 2hi. However, it will not fix the problem that is present. It could be as simple as corroded electrical connections somewhere that is causing your problem, or it could be something physically wrong in one of the modules in the system. That is why I said it is a temporary fix.

Old 02-19-2007, 04:57 PM
Beginning Member
blazinwoody is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my blazer stuck in 4-hi for awhile. Tried everything.Removed my TCCM and put it back together an it went back to 2-hi. It would probably get stuck again but I dont want to try it. Just search this forum and you'll find it. The best advice I can give you is to sell your blazer ASAP!!! My blazer is a lemon and ive put way to much $$$ in just repairs. I can wait to sell it so I can get a jeep that is built right

Old 02-19-2007, 05:01 PM
Administrator

Ah, the dump it on someone else mentality... Hmm.. Some real good advice there.[&o] With all vehicles, there are ones that are well cared for and last a very long time and then there are others that are abused from day one and just have one problem after another. If you can do the work yourself, you can find some very good deals out there that were someone elses problem and can become a very reliable vehicle for you with a bit of work.

Old 02-19-2007, 05:14 PM
Beginning Member
blazinwoody is an unknown quantity at this point

I’m not dumping my problems on anybody! And yes I do think I gave good advice because this forum is loaded with good information that has helped me out on all of my problems. I can’t even count how many posts I’ve read on 4WD being stuck etc. However I’ve never owned a car with so many problems (4L60E needs to be rebuilt, 4wd not working for example) and those are $$$ repairs. At least I repaired my heater core by myself. Oh, and I do keep my cars well maintained but it seems never ending with this one

Old 02-19-2007, 05:22 PM

Ya all in all i have put about $1700-$1900 in to this thing and its one problem after another- just 2 weeks ago I spent $831.00 on it. I took it in just to get it to start and then they found like 3 more problems, My radiator is leaking, my computer system was shot and, needed a new crank sensor, and they played with the wiring for the starter i guess, but ya im sick of this thing, its just a problem on wheels. Ever sinceI bought it I've had to goto a mechanic atleast once a month. I drive very gentle with it to, and it just doesnt seem like it is worth it anymore. But if anyone has anymore suggestions on how to get this thing into 2 wheel hi, please message me
-Ryan-

Quick Reply: 4 wheel drive not workin right