2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

95 4.3 cpi engine surge

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 12:27 AM
appliancguy is on a distinguished road
Default 95 4.3 cpi engine surge

I know this and old subject and I have read alot did I miss something?

Cruzing 40 - 50 tech jump 1700 1900 rpm... Worse with cruise control on and a/c going. If I excerate it pulls strong and smooth. Cruise at 70+ mph and no surge. Idle is smooth and starts right up. Fuel pressure is 64 psi and drops to 62 in 15 minutes.

All new Plugs, wires, cap rotor, Fuel regulator, intake gaskets, air temp sensor, and map sensor, all wires checked, ERG valve pulled and cleaned with screened gasket installed. No gas in oil and gas milage is 18 mpg with a/c on. No engine codes?????? Replaced vacuum lines, except small one going under truck to transfer case. Pulled upper intake and found No gas leaks. I called it bad words but it just got even by blowing the radio up.........What did I miss?????????

Blazer Hell Mike

Old 11-21-2010, 04:41 PM

Wow.......43 reads not a peep....I'm screwed

;(

Old 11-21-2010, 04:46 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Could be 43 people that were searching on something similar or it could be you refreshing the screen 43 times. Regardless, your bump is in violation of the rules of the forum. Besides showing your impatience, it also adds nothing to the thread. It could put your thread on a lower priority to those that could potentially help... Please be patient.

Does tapping the brakes just enough to illuminate the brake lights, but not enough to slow you down have any impact on the problem? If so, you could be experiencing a problem with the torque converter clutch or the TCC lockup circuit in the transmission.

Old 11-21-2010, 08:24 PM

Sorry.....I never even thought about a bump. I'll try the tap tomorro but it feels more like fuel surge, If I floor it the thing will fly. Can I safely drive it in 3rd for a mile to see if it stops flopping around?

Mike

Old 11-21-2010, 08:27 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The speed & rpm ranges noted were what lead me to a torque converter clutch issue. The TCC will lock up in 3rd gear as well. Tapping the brakes will cause the TCC to unlock.

Old 11-22-2010, 07:50 AM

This thing is a 95 and it looks like a 4l60E. I have no idea how old it is or how many miles( guy lied ALOT). I'm thinking it might be wiseto put a rebuilt/updated valve body in the transmission ???????

Old 11-22-2010, 03:19 PM
Administrator

Beyond the brake check, it may be worth the expense to have a transmission shop take a look at it.