2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

95 Blazer 4x4 Power Steering Leak

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 03:44 PM
SuperMuise is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 95 Blazer 4x4 Power Steering Leak

95 blazer 4 door 4x4 LT
Started leaking power steering during winter and it hasn't stopped. Today i wrestled with it for about 4 hours replacing the high pressure line (PowerSteering) and its still pissing fluid. Does anybody know what the problem is, or have the same problem? I would really appreciate it cause this thing is starting to get to my nerves!!
Thank you

Old 04-16-2009, 03:57 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Where is it leaking from??? There are quite a few lines in the system.

Old 04-16-2009, 05:43 PM

im not sure, its hard to say, but i believe the sketch you have up there isn't the same setup as mine. Its not the high pressure line cause i replaced it, so im wondering if you or who ever else has had this problem and figured out what the issue is...
Thanks

Old 04-16-2009, 08:17 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

It is possible that you do not have the power steering fluid cooler in front of the radiator, but everything else should be the same.

If you are certain that it is not the pressure line (the old orings did come out with the old lines correct?), then it is either the return line, the pump itself, or the steering gear box. Well, that is unless you have the cooler.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:00 PM

obviously it could be any one of those steering components...
what im wondering is if anyone has had an issue like this, it is leaking like crazy... i have to fill the reservoir every week.... i know its one of the components.... im just wondering which one cause i really dont want to pull the whole damn thing appart

Old 04-17-2009, 06:02 AM
Biohazed is on a distinguished road

well thats what you are going to have to do eventually. Your best bet is to get yourself some de-greaser.. drop the skid pan and wash down the engine es the front were all the line are to get all the excess PS fluid off the engine then let it dry and then start it up and look for were the leak is. if your dropping a reservoir worth a week then you should be able to find the leak fairly easily once you get it cleaned up.

Old 04-17-2009, 05:15 PM

thats probably what im going to have to do... After thinking about it im pretty sure its the second line (low pressure) where the reservoir connects. The steering box (after taking off that stupid plastic cover) isn't dripping so thats the only other possibility i can come up with.