2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

95 blazer abs

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2015, 06:21 AM
Ricco is on a distinguished road
Default 95 blazer abs

Hello guys, about two different times I have noticed that my feels like the abs has activated but I been driving at about 5mph on a parking lot. And I wasn't slamming on brakes, not raining either. Can this be a result of bad/dirty sensor or hub abs ring? Just want advise before starting troubleshooting as it might be a common thing. Thanks

Old 09-16-2015, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by Ricco
Hello guys, about two different times I have noticed that my feels like the abs has activated but I been driving at about 5mph on a parking lot. And I wasn't slamming on brakes, not raining either. Can this be a result of bad/dirty sensor or hub abs ring? Just want advise before starting troubleshooting as it might be a common thing. Thanks
Wow it's a shame to see how u less you been here for a while no one cares to help out, hope some of the head guys see this because I think we are all here for the same reason. Prioritizing freezing posts or just ignoring fellows and car enthusiast is terrible. Guess I'm looking for another page where people actually care, where I don't have to be a pro to be noticed....

Old 09-16-2015, 11:23 PM
donjuaniii is on a distinguished road

Is your ABS light on?

Old 09-17-2015, 10:04 AM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

Here's a link to the Blazer Forum Rules. Pay close attention, especially to section #4. https://blazerforum.com/forum/forum-...-follow-28944/

First thing to remember is that it's always best to post your question in the appropriate sub forum. "General Chat" will not receive the attention you're looking for. "General Tech Help" for 1st or 2nd gen will get far more attention. I have moved your thread to the appropriate sub forum. Next, include as much information in your post as possible, such as: year, make, model, engine, transmission, 2 door, 4 door, 2WD or 4WD, trouble codes you have retrieved, and what you have done in an attempt to rectify the problem. This saves your time, and ours. Some members choose to put that information in their signature line which reduces the chances for errors in diagnosing your specific problem, (always helps to know what we're working on)

There are GM technical service bulletins for the problem you're describing, but we need more information to determine if your vehicle is a candidate for the TSB'S. You're the one looking for help, and we can offer it, but we need your cooperation and patience.

Old 09-17-2015, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Hook
Here's a link to the Blazer Forum Rules. Pay close attention, especially to section #4. https://blazerforum.com/forum/forum-...-follow-28944/

First thing to remember is that it's always best to post your question in the appropriate sub forum. "General Chat" will not receive the attention you're looking for. "General Tech Help" for 1st or 2nd gen will get far more attention. I have moved your thread to the appropriate sub forum. Next, include as much information in your post as possible, such as: year, make, model, engine, transmission, 2 door, 4 door, 2WD or 4WD, trouble codes you have retrieved, and what you have done in an attempt to rectify the problem. This saves your time, and ours. Some members choose to put that information in their signature line which reduces the chances for errors in diagnosing your specific problem, (always helps to know what we're working on)

There are GM technical service bulletins for the problem you're describing, but we need more information to determine if your vehicle is a candidate for the TSB'S. You're the one looking for help, and we can offer it, but we need your cooperation and patience.
Thanks, I just like to help others and didn't realized there's others areas that get more attention than others. I appreciate it

Old 09-17-2015, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by donjuaniii
Is your ABS light on?
Thanks for your response, no I haven't seen no lights from abs, only when switch is to ON position before cranking/starting the truck then it goes away with all other lights( oil, check gauges, check engine)

Old 09-17-2015, 12:34 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

most the times i see this is due to rust building up between the abs sensor and bearing. if youre lucky enough to remove the sensor without breaking it you can file down the mounting surface and re- install it. but most the time the sensor breaks due to it being so rotted in there.

so if you brake slowly and it does it take your hand off the wheel. usually which ever way it pulls its the other side thats bad. so if it pulls right your left wheel is cutting out

Old 09-17-2015, 02:48 PM
Captain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the roughCaptain Hook is a jewel in the rough

1995 had two different ABS systems available: 4 wheel anti lock, (4WAL) and rear wheel antilock, (RWAL). 2WD & 4WD systems are different from each other as well. Yet another quirk with 95's, along with multiple OBD systems. Still waiting to find out what we're working on. The TSB for low speed ABS activation, (rust behind wheel speed sensors) does not apply to this vehicle, but there may be other TSB's that do.

Old 09-19-2015, 09:16 AM

Thanks Captain Hook and abig86, I'm working on my signature with my car specs, it's a 95 4x4 has like 94000 miles it's a w vin and 4 doors. Will mine be 4 wheel abs or rear only? I don't have rotors but drums if this helps.

Old 09-19-2015, 10:34 AM

It depends which system it was equipped with when new. Post all of the 3 character RPO codes that begin with "J" and we can figure it out.

Quick Reply: 95 blazer abs