2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

95 Blazer rough idle Middletown Ct

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 07:47 AM
Starting Member
gscrippler is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I changed my O2 Sensors and no luck keep getting the PO301 Cylinder 1 Misfire gonna try the Tune up if it doesn't cure it I give up!!

Old 05-17-2009, 08:39 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The only O2 sensor that has anything to do with engine fuel management is the one closest to the engine... The others are catalyst monitoring only.

You have not done a tune up yet?

Old 05-17-2009, 12:04 PM
Starting Member

Not a full tune up yet, I did pull the wire for Cylinder 1 today and guess what? The tip inside the boot was detached from the wire causing the misfire I replaced with an old wire i had and it idles much better I have to order my Delco plugs,Wires cap and Rotor and am hoping it will solve the problem. I ruled out tune up parts because I had tuned it up in November using Napa parts but as you and others have said Use the Delco stuff, We'll see what happens I'll post my results.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:24 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Nice!

I got my lawn mower cheap due to a problem just like this. Coil wire was cut too short. New coil and it ran like a top! Simplicity 16LTH w/ 44" deck, 42" push blade, and 42" single stage snow blower for $400! And the B&S 16HP V-twin runs like a top now!

Old 05-17-2009, 08:25 PM
Starting Member

I pulled the Cap and rotor off Prongs were all loaded up, cleaned it up Until i get my New stuff
Seems to run better still a slight skip so I think it might be the problem

Old 05-22-2009, 06:20 PM
Starting Member

I did a full tune up on the Blazer with no luck, Still misfires cylinder #1 at idle but clears right up when throttle is applied Thinking of doing a compression test and check for a bad valve guide, or possibly replacing the EGR . I have the original and a used one that I swap out anyone know the correct Voltage at idle? When hooked up to my scanner one reads .82volts and the other reads .76volts or any other ideas, I've pretty much gone through or replaced everything entire fuel system, Tuneup , and replaced every sensor except for the MAP sensor and EGR,

Thanks

Old 05-22-2009, 06:37 PM
Administrator

Correct voltage for what? The EGR? I do not ever remember looking at that...

I would go with the compression test.

If you have the appropriate scan tool, you can run an injector balance test to see if all of the injectors are flowing the proper amount of fuel. A clogged or stuck open poppet nozzle could cause issues that would be more problematic at idle and clear up with some throttle.

Old 05-22-2009, 06:48 PM
Starting Member

I have my fathers tech 2 scanner can that scanner perform this test?

when looking at the DATA display it shows an EGR voltage, and Pintle position, The voltages changes with excelleration

Old 05-22-2009, 07:30 PM
Administrator

Yes, a tech 2 can do this test. You will need a fairly precise fuel pressure gauge to monitor the pressure drop though.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:52 PM
Starting Member
hkellogg is an unknown quantity at this point

when was last time you replaced your distributor, an engine with that high mileage the distributor should be replaced not just the cap and rotor, and make sure you check your wires good because even if you just put them off you may have gotten a defective set(it happens every so often as nothing is perfect and manufacturing of auto parts is often done at the lowest cost possible)

Quick Reply: 95 Blazer rough idle Middletown Ct