2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

95 Blazer rough idle Middletown Ct

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 08:53 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The updated design is only for the swap from SCFI (96 thru mid-02) to MFI spiders used in the mid-02 thru end of production 4.3L engines. The 92-95 CPI engine only has provisions to fire one injector in a batch fired method. There is no way a sequential system will work with the engine controls available in the CPI motors. The CPI spider does use virtually the same poppet nozzles on the ends of the nylon tubes as the SCFI spider does though.

Old 05-27-2009, 11:27 PM
Starting Member
gscrippler is an unknown quantity at this point

Bought one from the Chevy dealer my father worked at before they closed up shop
so what ever one Gm sells is what I have.

Old 05-30-2009, 02:51 PM
Starting Member

ok i've probably asked this already, but can a bad distributor cause a detected misfire by the computer in just one cylinder? I just replaced cap,rotor,wires and plugs My father helped me test each wire for spark as the truck idled and it appears that the spark in wire for cylinder 1 showed the least amount of spark(some change in idle but not as much as the others)
The coil is New as well, would a tired distributor possibly cause the 1 cylinder misfire?
Thanks

Old 05-31-2009, 07:14 AM
Starting Member
hkellogg is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gscrippler
ok i've probably asked this already, but can a bad distributor cause a detected misfire by the computer in just one cylinder? I just replaced cap,rotor,wires and plugs My father helped me test each wire for spark as the truck idled and it appears that the spark in wire for cylinder 1 showed the least amount of spark(some change in idle but not as much as the others)
The coil is New as well, would a tired distributor possibly cause the 1 cylinder misfire?
Thanks
yes it can

Old 05-31-2009, 03:51 PM
Starting Member

ok thanks i'm gonna replace it soon and update hopefully my issue if solved will help others who have the same problem

Old 06-01-2009, 06:51 PM
Starting Member
Crestwood1001 is on a distinguished road

Im having the exact same problem with my 95, its not really causing any preformance issues its so SO annoying

Old 06-02-2009, 10:01 PM
Starting Member

New distributor should be delivered some time tomorrow will swap it out and post my results, If it doesn't solve it, My father wants to try a cylinder leak down test on cylinder #1 guess it is more accurate than a regular compression test which i did showed over 120lbs and it was the same on cylinder #5 wish me luck!!

Old 06-03-2009, 01:58 PM
Starting Member
Crestwood1001 is on a distinguished road

Turns out the problem is a bad spider, crapping up my plugs and its gonna cost 400 to fix

Old 06-03-2009, 06:43 PM
Starting Member

Struck out on the distributor today, runs better but Problem not solved, I have a feeling that
The injector poppet is gummed up, Gonna work on getting it replaced under warranty from GM gonna call Obama !!

Old 06-08-2009, 01:43 PM
Starting Member

Hey guys,
President Obama was nice enough to warranty my Injector spider today, But the new unit did not solve my Po301 problem misfire cylinder #1 symptom is (Rough Idle) Here is a list of all the stuff I have done to try and resolve this issue. If there is something You think I might have missed please let me know.
Components changed
High Voltage ignition switch (distributor) includes new cap & rotor
Coil, Plugs, Wires.
Throttle Position sensor, Idle Air Control sensor, O2 sensors, Egr Valve with screened gasket, Coolant Temp sensor. Checked Voltage at each connector as well all are at recommended voltages
within the last 2 months have replaced the Muffler and Cat Converter
New Muffler, Cat Converter
conducted a compression check on cylinder #1 compared to cylinder #5 both the same
while truck was running i applied pressure in each direction to see if a valve guide was worn but no results,

Components I have not changed
MAP sensor
Ignition control Module. From what I understand this either works or doesn't work found some post one other sites where it could possible cause my symptom
I'm kind of ready to throw in the towel Only thing I haven't done yet is a cylinder leak down test. If you have any suggestions please give them to me
Thanks

Last edited by gscrippler; 06-09-2009 at 03:47 PM.

Quick Reply: 95 Blazer rough idle Middletown Ct