2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

95 Blazer rough idle Middletown Ct

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2009, 09:17 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Ground issues can cause all kinds of weird things to happen... I do not know if you have checked your grounds already...

You could try getting a PCM from the junkyard to swap in, but that may prove challenging depending on your ECU/PCM configuration.

Old 06-13-2009, 08:09 AM
Starting Member
gscrippler is an unknown quantity at this point

I started going through the grounds last night and am going to continue on that today, well see what happens
Thanks

Old 06-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Starting Member

Replaced fuse #5 that took care of the EGR,O2,and Evap codes Truck runs a little better now one more tune up and hopefully the Misfire will go away !! plan on doing that Monday
Will update Mon nighte

Old 06-13-2009, 12:58 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a plan.

Old 06-15-2009, 02:46 PM
Starting Member
Default latest update

Changed Fuel filter, Plugs and wires today some improvement overall but still rough idle
Checked compression on all 6 cylinders and are at 150lbs Took a look at TPS voltage using my Tech 2 scanner according to the GM service manual closed throttle .5 volts WTO - 5 volts
Mine initially was .57 volts closed 4.45volts WOT. loosened screws and was able to bring it down to .53 closed but still 4.45 volts WOT, so I think i'm gonna pick up a new one to try and also gonna buy a new MAP sensor it 14 yrs old so i'm gonna give it a try as well. after that i really give up!!!

Old 06-15-2009, 04:27 PM
Starting Member
Crestwood1001 is on a distinguished road

Dude im telling ya, look into the fuel injection spider... i had all of these issues and I just had a new one put it and it runs beautifully, cant hurt to check it

Old 06-15-2009, 08:14 PM
Starting Member

Just replaced Spider under warranty last week, one in it was 6-8 months old and no change glad it worked out for you Crestwood

Old 06-15-2009, 10:24 PM
Administrator

Your TPS voltages sound right on the money. The TPS will only read somewhere around 4.5V at WOT.

The MAP sensor could be causing this, but what are the readings you are getting from it on the Tech 2?

Originally Posted by Crestwood1001
Dude im telling ya, look into the fuel injection spider... i had all of these issues and I just had a new one put it and it runs beautifully, cant hurt to check it
Your mechanic got lucky, but replacing everything under the plenum is an easy way to do it though. Not easy for your pocket book mind you, but easy for the mechanic.

Old 06-16-2009, 04:26 AM
Starting Member

I ordered the MAP sensor should have it in a couple of days But will take a look at the readings and get back to you.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:22 PM
Starting Member
Crestwood1001 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
Your TPS voltages sound right on the money. The TPS will only read somewhere around 4.5V at WOT.

The MAP sensor could be causing this, but what are the readings you are getting from it on the Tech 2?

Your mechanic got lucky, but replacing everything under the plenum is an easy way to do it though. Not easy for your pocket book mind you, but easy for the mechanic.
He is a good guy I trust whatever he tells me needs to be done, how many mechanics can u find that will let u drive away without paying just to test it for a few days in case it didnt fix the problem? I picked it up friday and still have not payed the bill, if it turns out not to be the correct fix he will put the old one back and not charge me.

Quick Reply: 95 Blazer rough idle Middletown Ct