2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

95 Blazer rough idle Middletown Ct

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 07:13 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

An exhaust leak can definitely cause a AFR imbalance which can result in a misfire.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:53 PM
Starting Member
gscrippler is an unknown quantity at this point

I believe that has been my issue all along Going to order my Exhaust parts and gaskets at the end of the week and change them out I will update when it's completed.

Thanks again
GS

Old 06-30-2009, 01:53 PM
Starting Member
Crestwood1001 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
An exhaust leak can definitely cause a AFR imbalance which can result in a misfire.
Swartlkk what exactly is an exhaust leak? I mean besides the obvious

Old 06-30-2009, 06:20 PM
Starting Member

Your kidding right? Could be a bad manifold gasket letting exhaust escape, Could be a bad connection between pipes letting exhaust escape, could be a hole in Muffler, letting exhaust escape before it reaches the tail pipe Hope that helps

Old 06-30-2009, 09:54 PM
Starting Member
volfan4 is an unknown quantity at this point

hope the exhuast repair will fix your problem. I have the same problem but it is a po306 and my exhaust manifold seems to be leaking on that bank. I've already replaced the driverside manifold and it was a B*****. ended up removing the power steering pump and the steering column. You'll need a power steering pump pulley remover to do the job. My Blazer has been parked for two months because the SES Code, If the repair fixes yours I'll be pulling the entire exhaust off and replacing it. Good Luck and I hope it works for ya.

Old 07-01-2009, 04:48 AM
Starting Member

I'll be ordering my Parts tonight and should have the repair done by sometime next week
I'll update as soon as I'm done. Your right about pulling the Manifold you have to disconnect pretty much the Whole exhaust and drop the Y-pipe So the manifold will move but you can can drop in the gaskets with out pulling the manifold all the way off, Just hope I don't snap any bolts.

Old 07-08-2009, 08:30 PM
Starting Member

Got my exhaust parts in today and will start on it after work tomorrow will update my results Wish me luck!!

Old 07-08-2009, 09:17 PM
Starting Member

good luck..keep us(me )up to date.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:09 AM
Beginning Member
paulggoo is on a distinguished road
Default Blazer misfire

Call me, I live in East Hartford, CT. I will tell you what the problem is, it is so simple, that a lot of people are over looking it. Have worked on chevy engines about thirty years.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:11 PM
Starting Member
Question

Originally Posted by paulggoo
Call me, I live in East Hartford, CT. I will tell you what the problem is, it is so simple, that a lot of people are over looking it. Have worked on chevy engines about thirty years.
what's the big secret?......can't ya tell the rest of the members on this site?

come on what is it ?.....the knock sensor ?

Quick Reply: 95 Blazer rough idle Middletown Ct