2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

95 blazer will not start!!!!! Need some help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 08:28 PM
brysonc4411 is on a distinguished road
Angry 95 blazer will not start!!!!! Need some help!!!

well i have an idea of what the problem is but i'm really hoping its not that,
the blazer had a spit and sputter to it when the truck got up to the normal temp,
had it looked at the catalyst system code came up,
so that day i was driving it and noticed a really huge amount of smoke so i pulled over, and look under the hood (NO SMOKE) so i looked under the truck there was smoke coming out of where the cat hooks to the exhaust manifold and then looked farther down the exhaust towards the back of the truck and noticed smoke coming out from where i had just put a clamp on my new muffler....so i had the garage tow it, well i tried starting it 4 days later and it won't turn over wont make any sound at all....lights come on on the dash everything works but the truck will not roll over it wont do anything! i put new plugs and wires in it, i replace o2 sensor, put in new water pump hopin that would stop the spitting and sputtering..........ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS!!!! i hope i dont need a new motor but i think i will just need some ADVICE

Old 04-09-2011, 09:43 PM
kristoph30 is on a distinguished road

Stop spending money and time replacing parts you dont need. The exhaust is unrelated to the no crank situation (IMHO). Solve one problem at a time. Ive never seen a water pump cause a miss (Spit and sputter). The plugs and wires will help with a miss ONLY if they are bad. As for the no crank issue. You said the truck was towed. Is it in park? they could have thrown the transfer case in neutral and left the trans in drive. About needing a new motor....Slow down. Nothing you said here makes me believe thats the case.

Old 04-12-2011, 07:30 PM

yes the truck is in park, when i put the key in and go to turn it over it dont make any sounds at all....and there is oil where the engine connects to the transmission, one person told me a rear main seal but that was before it wouldnt start, another person that checked it out told me that there was oil in my anitfreeze and that same person said there could be antifreeze on my pistons so when i go to turn it over it wont turn over, but then they are tellin me its my headgasket and/or my valve cover gasket, but i just need to kno what it is before i go spend $400 on a motor.....but i see what yur sayin because it sat at the place i drove it to for 2 days before they came and got the truck and it sat at my dads for another 4 days then i went down to check it out and try to start it and it dont do anything, but it did start when i left it before they came and got the truck.....

Old 04-12-2011, 08:02 PM

Have you checked the battery? It may just be dead - especially if the 4-ways were on a long time. Start with the simple (Cheap) stuff. Grab your meter and start looking.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:39 PM
Leeann_Bravada is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you looked at the oil? Is there coolant in the oil? It'd look like a chocolate milkshake if so.

If you have coolant in the oil, do not start the truck. You can wipe the bearings and trash the motor pretty quickly.

It's probably the lower intake manifold gasket if you do have coolant in your oil. Look around the back of the motor...do you see any traces of coolant dripping down from near the top?

Old 04-13-2011, 08:01 AM

i checked the oil and all that and there is nothing in the oil it looks normall, and the only time i really seen anything dripping is when the truck started smoking, there was oil drops on the cat where it hooks to the exhaust manifold, when it started smoking and i looked under the truck it looked like oil had leaked into the actually exhaust like it seemed like it was running in the tailpipe muffler and the cat.....thats the only place the smoke was coming from was out where the cat hooks to the manifold, and where i put a clamp on my new muffler it was coming out from where they hook together

Old 04-13-2011, 12:02 PM

Was the trans dipstick in tight? ive also seen the trans vent puke trans fluid. So did you ever get it to crank? Doesnt matter where the oil came from if the truck doesnt run.