2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

95 BWA (Blazer with attitude) don't want to run attitude

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 08:34 PM
outlawrcbb is on a distinguished road
Default 95 BWA (Blazer with attitude) don't want to run attitude

Hello to all from southern Md.
I would like to introduce myself prior to begging for help, info and advice.
I bought a 1995 Blazer SL 4 door 4x4 4.3L that refuses to run. I believe it is a fuel delivery issue, If I pour fuel down it's throat it will run, otherwise it will not. I changed the fuel pump with no good results.
Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.
At this point I have the tank out to give a good cleaning because the gas smelled bad. Also wanted to make sure that I put the new fuel pump in correctly. While I have the tank out I am wanting to replace all the rubber hoses from the filler neck forward. Can any one help with the part numbers of these hoses? I hate to start out with so many questions but i need quite a bit of help. I am pretty good with carbs but injection, not so much.
I called the dealer on the replacement hoses and was quoted aprox $200.00 for less than 2 feet of rubber, can't do it. To go back a bit, I bought the blazer and it ran great for a ew months then just one day decided it was done with normaloperation and went through a spell of running sometimes and some times not to all not.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:37 PM
Leeann_Bravada is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you replace the fuel filter when you replaced the pump?

Fuel hoses/lines:
1995 Chevy Blazer 4WD Fuel Supply System - TS0353501L35M30T10506

Old 04-05-2011, 08:42 PM

Yes, I also replaced the filter at that time.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by Leeann_Bravada
Did you replace the fuel filter when you replaced the pump?

Fuel hoses/lines:
1995 Chevy Blazer 4WD Fuel Supply System - TS0353501L35M30T10506
The link is awsome, thank you very much for that.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:53 PM

No problem. They saved my butt on rusted-out rear heater lines on my '99 Safari...cheaper than anyone else, too (on the heater lines, that is).

Old 04-06-2011, 03:42 AM
kristoph30 is on a distinguished road

Curious as to why you are replacing the fuel lines. You say you replaced the fuel pump but now you have the tank out again. Do you suspect there are other issues? Can you hear the pump run? Have you checked fuel pressure? Just looking for more information.

Old 04-06-2011, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by kristoph30
Curious as to why you are replacing the fuel lines. You say you replaced the fuel pump but now you have the tank out again. Do you suspect there are other issues? Can you hear the pump run? Have you checked fuel pressure? Just looking for more information.

All good questions.
Yes I replaced the fuel pump, first time ever changing a pump in the tank, so I figured it was a good place to start to be sure I didn't screw it up the first time.
While pulling the tank I noticed some cracking in the rubber hoses from the filler neck to the tank, so figured while it was out I should replace them.

I just bought the pressure guage but already had the tank out so haven't checked the pressure, but the pump could be heard prior to removal of the tank.

Old 04-06-2011, 05:20 PM
step66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey from the Eastern shore! Really look through the search feature on this site! I have never owned a 95,but have had a 96 and now a 97 (different fuel supply system than a 95) Sounds like a pressure problem to me! Do some homework here & elsewhere-You'll track it down! step66

Old 04-06-2011, 06:04 PM
Beginning Member
DefBlazer is on a distinguished road

If I'm reading right, and guessing really hard, you have TBI. If thats the case have a friend try to start it while you (CAREFULLY) look down the throttle body and see if them little injectors have decided to squirt. then if not turn the truck off and remove the fuel line and have a friend turn it to the on position and off if gas is seenthen you'll know how far the fuel is going. umm be very careful not to point fuel toward face or source of ignition of any kind. if no fuel continue to check for blockackage further back.

Last edited by DefBlazer; 04-06-2011 at 06:07 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:33 PM

TBI wasn't available on a '95. He has CPI.

Quick Reply: 95 BWA (Blazer with attitude) don't want to run attitude