2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

95' Will not start

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 05:33 PM
Rhett McNair is on a distinguished road
Default 95' Will not start

Hello,
I am having trouble with my 95 blazer, yesterday it died when I came to a stop and will not restart, it does turn over. I have checked and I am not getting fuel or spark, I have checked all the fuses and used a spark tester took the cap off and the rotor is still turning. Everything else works radio, lights, door locks, etc so at this point I don't have a clue anybody have this problem or have any suggestions.

Thanks
Rhett

Last edited by Rhett McNair; 09-26-2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:08 PM

I have checked the voltage coming out of the PCM and i'm only getting .10 if i'm checking it right, any ideas i'm lost?

Old 09-29-2009, 06:08 PM

Well, I decided to try a new ECM after talking with a mechanic and nope thats not it! Does anybody know what I should try next??

Old 09-29-2009, 06:12 PM
reelbroke2 is on a distinguished road

did you check the ignition coil?

Old 09-29-2009, 06:15 PM
Starting Member
jimhens82 is on a distinguished road

did you check to see if the fuel pump is working? could be the imfamous pump, or relay. as far as spark, could be a crank sensor.

Old 09-29-2009, 06:45 PM

No, I didn't think of that because i'm not getting any fuel, would that trip up the computer and contribute to the not getting any fuel?

Whats wierd is mine does not have the crank sensor, I did test the Relay it tested good, I also swapped the two relays just to make sure.

Checked the coil it's good, but theres no power going to the coil.

Is there a inline fuse some where or could it be the ignition switch?

Last edited by Rhett McNair; 09-29-2009 at 07:46 PM. Reason: CONSECUTIVE POSTS
Old 09-29-2009, 06:54 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Rhett,
Please use the 'edit' button to add to a post if nobody has yet replied.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:24 AM
Starting Member
awe341 is on a distinguished road

It is odd to suddenly not get either fuel or spark at the same time, usually it's one or the other not both.

Unless you've had the misfortune of having multiple components fail at the exact same time (rare but it does happen) I would start by checking/replacing the ignition switch. It is the only single component I can think of off the top of my head that could possibly cause a sudden stop of both spark and fuel.

Old 09-30-2009, 04:24 PM

I think thats the way I should go, I'll let yall now if it works out.

Thanks
Rhett

Old 10-11-2009, 02:14 PM

Update:

I did try a new ignition switch and it did not help.

I traced the fuel pump wires and had power going to the pump, so I pulled the tank and had a broken wire going to the pump, so I rigged that to see if that was the problem and the pump was operating, but very noisy, so I replaced the pump and it still won't start and this pump is quiet like it should be.

My next question is when I check the spark I can see spark but I don't hear it popping, every car I have had in the past pops when you check the spark, so could it be the ignition coil or control module, the coil did check out ok?

Quick Reply: 95' Will not start