2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

96 Blazer Help!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 08:23 PM
Beginning Member
Nickell is on a distinguished road
Default 96 Blazer Help!

Hey guys I went to replace a leaky Wheel cylinder on a blazer i just bought. Took off the drum to find there is NOTHING inside of the drum except the wheel cylinder, and parking brake. NO shoes, springs, NOTHING.

My question is I found everything but the Brake Bar for the parking brake, do you guys know where to find one? Or will a dorman universal one work?

Old 09-26-2012, 08:56 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

Wowsers, the previous owner had to have known about there being no rear brakes, since that just does not happen as a fluke, I would call and b*tch at them first
As for that part, I am not sure if the universal one would work, you could always get the part from a pick n pull.

Old 09-28-2012, 04:11 PM
step66 is an unknown quantity at this point

WOW! Thats the first time I have heard that one! But I suspect the prior owner was also covering up other issues:such as rusted brake lines etc! Dependant upon where you live or your Blazer is from,a complete brake system inspection is in order! Seems like the rear lines have been choked off due to line failure and they scammed you. All rear brake parts are availiable new from any parts store,but re-running the lines is alittle bit more intensive:I did it to my 97 with hand tools and canned air,flare tool and a tubing bender!
Several hours to gravity bleed-then bleed as usual.If you are careful and take your time,the replacement lines will look and service just fine!