2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

96 blazer hesitation

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 04:06 PM
Beginning Member
buzzsaw560 is on a distinguished road

well I poped the fuel filter out and tested the pressure there it seems to shoot around 68 psi but still loses pressure the same. now come to think of it sense I did my fuel pump I did smell gas a little when I drive but never saw any leaks or drips from around the tank. I guess its a bad seal or something with the pump or check valve? Is the check valve located on the top of the tank towards the front of the truck?

Old 10-07-2009, 04:27 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The check valve is part of the fuel pump assembly. If the fuel pressure still bleeds off at the filter and you have no leaks, then the problem is in the pump assembly.

What brand of pump did you install?

Old 10-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Beginning Member

I forget the name of the pump but it was from autozone brand new not reman. What is the part at the front of the tank? there is a vacum line going to it and it screws in 1/2 a turn. I had to replace it cause I droped the tank and didnt see it snaped it off. I'll prob drop the tank this weekend and check it all out. I swear i've been working on cars for 10 years and I've never had this many problems either I'm drinking too much or gm really screwed these ones up!haha

Old 10-07-2009, 08:04 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

If it wasn't an AC Delco pump, then that is the likely cause. Aftermarket pumps, even new ones, are horrible.

Old 10-12-2009, 06:11 AM
Beginning Member

Well I dropped the tank this weekend and inspected the tank and fuel pump seal and thought I found my problem. the o ring for the fuel pump wasnt set right and let gas drip right through when I poured it on top of the fuel pump. I replaced the oring and checked it again and it didnt leak but I get the tank back up and still bleeds off pressure but runs a ton better. If the check valve was causing me trouble wouldnt that just create starting problems and not running problems? could the pump just be weak? I know ac delco pumps are the best but I'm flat broke and cant afford the $340 for one.

Old 10-12-2009, 04:21 PM
reelbroke2 is on a distinguished road

advance sells a Bosch Turbine upgrade for the fuel pumps comes with a new wiring harness too for 99 bucks and a 1 year warranty

Old 10-12-2009, 09:30 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by reelbroke2
advance sells a Bosch Turbine upgrade for the fuel pumps comes with a new wiring harness too for 99 bucks and a 1 year warranty
Anything but AC Delco or Delphi and you will be using that warranty.

Old 10-13-2009, 01:30 AM
Banned
blazerboyz is on a distinguished road

^^^AGREE^^^ i would say its a clogged cat to but just taking the o2 out might not cut it i have tryed doing that at work as much as possible exspecially on the solstice's, and the 3.8 litres. But what i would do is remove the y-pipe frome the exhaust manifolds, YES THIS WILL BE LOUD AND YOU WILL FEEL THE NEED FOR SPEED DONT DO IT JUST SEE IF YOU HAVE POWER. if you do beat on it with absulutly no exhaust on it you will be on here next for a lifter tick see how that works and let us know

Old 10-13-2009, 06:13 AM
Beginning Member

well I have a warranty so I'll be swaping it one night this week. from now on I'm doin ac delco everything ive been through to many reman altenators and water pumps to not learn my lesson by now. And it bleeds fuel pressure and the pressure runs low so I still cant see that being a cat. If the pump wasnt sealed right could that have forced the pump to burn out or something?

Old 10-13-2009, 04:29 PM
Beginning Member

Well new problem fellas. left work early today to drop the tank and swap fuel pumps and noticed a nice coolant leak under the rear of my engine. It's driping from the driver side from behind the engine somewhere and I'm pretty sure its the intake gasket but I cant see the back of the intake. Other parts of the intake gasket seem to be a little moist anyway so I'm gonna go with that. Could my hesitation be related to this? some water comes out the tail pipe but not a whole lot. I just cant get a break with this one.

Quick Reply: 96 blazer hesitation