2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

97 blazer engine misfire po300

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 04:15 PM
Beginning Member
lac8362 is on a distinguished road

i cleaned the MAF and cleaned all the electrical conecters and sprayed the throtle body took off the IAc and cleaned with throtle body spray oh i did use maf sensor cleaner on the maf i used electrical contact cleaner on the connectors and spider conectors now the truck wont idle it surging cannot keep it running then i noticed raw gasoline coming from a hole in the muffler that was leaking quite a bit haybe half a gallon on the ground i disconected the battery and am quiting for now maybe the injectors are bad or shorted form the spray stumped again i seem to ahve made it worse at least it would idle for ten min before dying now it looks like a huge problem

Old 11-05-2011, 08:09 PM
BF Veteran
pettyfog has a spectacular aura aboutpettyfog has a spectacular aura about

Oh, well.. tomorrow's another day.
I understand why you cleaned the MAF but that 102 is really not usually a dirty MAF. And you check MAF by disconnecting the connector, not the MAF, while key off and PCM will run engine in speed density mode.

I have no idea why you cleaned the IAC. If the engine started and maintained a steady rpm more than a minute, even a high one which usually points to a vacuum leak, then the IAC is usually in good shape. A bad IAC wont cause performance problems only stalls.

One thing you pointed out, dying after several minutes, also usually points to a vac leak.

No idea what's wrong NOW.. there are too many variables with spraying solvents all over the place. Hope you pulled all the clean connectors apart to let the solvent evaporate.

I would expect and HOPE that you are wrong about how much gas is in the muffler.

Did you check those ground point like I suggested?

Old 11-09-2011, 06:54 PM
Beginning Member
lac8362 is on a distinguished road

well back on track i think i replaced the intake gasket set looks like i may have fixed the vacuum leak I also pulled the upper to examine the gas leak and the FPR was leaking so i cleaned the original up and changed the screen it fits much tighter so the trucks idles again but the muffler and tail pipe smokes fuel real bad will this burn off or should i replace the muffler it needs one any way and i am changing the oil too thx i need to run the truck longer to check any codes lots of fuel vapor smoke through exhaust dont want to blow up

Old 11-09-2011, 10:23 PM
Smitty Smithsonite is on a distinguished road

Your going to want to do an oil change if that much fuel ran through your exhaust -- that means at least as much is in your crankcase. Gas is not a good lubricant. If your dipstick is reading almost halfway up the entire stick, that's a good indicator.

EDIT: I see I skimmed over the part saying your doing that ....

Once you get it running right ( and change the oil! ), go for a rip up the street. A few full throttle runs wouldn't hurt - that should clear out everything from the exhaust. Nothing inside the exhaust will light off unless it's running REAL bad & backfiring, and you have exhaust leaks. And if it does light off you just either get a bang or a flame out the tailpipe. No biggie .. as long as your not parked over a puddle 1 foot deep of gasoline.

Last edited by Smitty Smithsonite; 11-09-2011 at 10:27 PM.