2nd Generation S-series (1995-2005) Tech Discuss 2nd generation S-series (1995-2005) general tech topics here.

98 blazer

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 12:59 AM
Beginning Member
jrb_fishy is on a distinguished road
Default 98 blazer

alright so have serious front differential problems still i have been under there and see that the driverside axle seal is leaking so it needs to be replaced but the 4x4 system is still partially engaged cant figure out why checked with the post on swartskys about the clicking and and there is nothing standing out to why its happening i cant drive the truck without clunking if it is in 4hi but as soon as it goes into 2hi it clunks again. i have a spare diff here but its a different gear ratio the blazer is a 3:42 and i have a spare 3:73 now i ned some help on what i should do here this is the only mode of transport me and my family have so the faster i can get it up and running the better thanks guys

Old 10-25-2012, 07:39 PM
Beginning Member
jrb_fishy is on a distinguished road

my cv axle is looking like it has some where to it it has a ripped inner boot and a tech at a shop says it sounds like that could be the problem it is that side that has the axle seal leak in it too so it has to come out anyways and it is under warrenty the lift is causing the axle to be sitting at a really bad angle and my upper control arm is almost straight down